Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give my 2 cents about having custom work done on your car. As the old saying goes you get what you pay for. When you find a talented person that does great custom work it pains me to see guys try to get them to do it for nothing. When you get great custom work done on your automobile it takes alot of talent to pull off awesome work let alone using Grade A materials. Don't try to squeeze the blood out of a turnip,respect the builder. Blue collar workers often get the same done to them, talented workers that sometime don't get paid for what they are worth.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just wanted to give my 2 cents about having custom work done on your car. As the old saying goes you get what you pay for. When you find a talented person that does great custom work it pains me to see guys try to get them to do it for nothing. When you get great custom work done on your automobile it takes alot of talent to pull off awesome work let alone using Grade A materials. Don't try to squeeze the blood out of a turnip,respect the builder. Blue collar workers often get the same done to them, talented workers that sometime don't get paid for what they are worth.
O.K. SN8KBYT, what happened or are you simply standing up for the little guy?

flip

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea alittle bit. I just can't stand people taking advantage of Guys that bust there butt and do great work. I know how much work goes into customizing cars.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yea alittle bit. I just can't stand people taking advantage of Guys that bust there butt and do great work. I know how much work goes into customizing cars.
Hey, how far away are you from the Military Base Fort Wayne. I don't think the town of Fort Wayne is too concerned about being attacked with all of those F-16 Fighter Jets you all have there. 122nd Fighter Wing if I'm not mistaken.

I seen them and they are bad azz!

flip

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm about 10 minutes away from the Base. And they fly over at 9:00 and 2:00 everyday.:D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Good Craftsmen seem to be more and more rare these days. I agree, when you do find people with these talants, they deserve good compensation. But there are always going to be people who will try to pay less than what is fair.

Cal

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Not just craftsmen get the shaft. When the gov't signs the paychecks, you can bet they aren't looking to make anyone rich. Even worse is when they think balancing the budget can be accomplished by giving you a pay cut - you know - just in the name of spending less - its nothing personal.

Mind you they think nothing of spending $300 for a hammer or fortunes on foreign aid.

Nice to know where you stand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts