Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base Rapid Red
196 Posts
For anyone on the fence, the pics DO NOT do them Justice. Looks way better in person. I just bought a new set of factory mats and glued them on. View attachment 246453 View attachment 246454
Looks good, and your right about pictures not doing them justice! I put mine a little lower because I didn't want to get any dirt on them from my feet. I imagine that the patches aren't easy to clean!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Looks great @GTabusa!

I just picked up more patches and will be popping them in the mail tomorrow for those that have sent me PMs.

Font Pattern Circle Terrestrial plant Symmetry

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Looks good, and your right about pictures not doing them justice! I put mine a little lower because I didn't want to get any dirt on them from my feet. I imagine that the patches aren't easy to clean!
I left mine unprotected and they still look great. You could always spray them with something like Scotchguard.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 HE CFTP w/Black POTS, 2021 GT500 Rapid Red w/Painted Black Stripes
139 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Got mine. Just need to glue them. Look great. View attachment 247749 View attachment 247750
Fantastic!

For anyone gluing the patches, press them overnight with weight. It will make them look embedding into the mats. I brushed the backs of mine liberally with superglue, put boards on them and then put heavy ass rotors on the boards to press them… worked like a champ!

·
Registered
22 gt500 black roof, black stripes, tech, carbon pkg
243 Posts
So I bought the patches from @Goose17 I did notice the patches were getting stained and getting dark marks on the patch and my car has around 250 miles so I said this will be a problem as time goes by. Someone here posted they did all the interior stitching with a dye markers, so off I went to hobby lobby and bought some. I can say I was not impressed and the color and was not as bright as the cap. So Tuesday I was at target and saw the hobby section and bought blue paint and I can use it with a fine brush. I was impressed overall which it came out way better than the dye marker. Here are some pics I will say those of you buying these patches I would definitely scotch guard the patches to keep them looking new and the patch is a nice thick material so it’s worth every penny.

Dye markers

As you can see from the cap the color is way off and that’s after like 3 coats

Target hobby paint with a small brush and one coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,276 Posts
So I bought the patches from @Goose17 I did notice the patches were getting stained and getting dark marks on the patch and my car has around 250 miles so I said this will be a problem as time goes by. Someone here posted they did all the interior stitching with a dye markers, so off I went to hobby lobby and bought some. I can say I was not impressed and the color and was not as bright as the cap. So Tuesday I was at target and saw the hobby section and bought blue paint and I can use it with a fine brush. I was impressed overall which it came out way better than the dye marker. Here are some pics I will say those of you buying these patches I would definitely scotch guard the patches to keep them looking new and the patch is a nice thick material so it’s worth every penny.

Dye markers

Outstanding job! Those look amazing! I did some custom painting with model paint on my engine bay accessories.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·

Dye markers

That looks bad ass! 🤟

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,276 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GT500 HE CFTP w/Black POTS, 2021 GT500 Rapid Red w/Painted Black Stripes
139 Posts
Great Job! Those look awesome! Tips and tricks for the next folks?
Just used Loctite adhesive and put block of wood on top with weights on top until bonded. 30 minute bond time. Fluid Liquid Plastic bottle Font Carbonated soft drinks

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
For those of you waiting on patches, I was expecting another batch today… just called the shop and they said they are short handed this week and will get them done next week.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Hey Goose, I PMd you a few days ago about these. Can they be shipped to Canada?
Yes they can and yes I will. I have left the message unread as a reminder. I have been out of town working. More patches should be waiting for me to pick up tomorrow.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
If you end up with extras let us know. I’m thinking I should get another set and this time get Shelby since I only did snakes last time.
I order extras and can always order more Barb. Just send me a PM with what you want.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts