Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: If anyone wants these snake patches alone or with SHELBY/GT500/CFTP, send me a pm. I can do SHELBY/GT500/CFTP.

Font Line Symbol Logo Monochrome

EDIT: I now have a HERITAGE option:

Shoe Font Asphalt Grass Road surface

Sharing a custom set of floor mats I just finished today… I have wanted something different other than the plain black mats that come in the 2020+. Lloyds only has 2015+ GT350 or 07-14 GT500 mats. This led me to doing something on my own. I bought a second set of OEM mats and then went to a local embroidery shop. They said the mats were too thick for them to embroider, so I went with “Plan-B.” I had them digitize a picture of the 2015+ edgy snake and then showed a picture of my custom “CFTP” side stripes. They made 4 patches for me in a shiny silver, which matches the interior accents nicely! I then brushed super glue liberally on the backs of the patches and pressed them with weights overnight… happy with the results!

Font Rectangle Sportswear Symbol Emblem
Rectangle Font Electric blue Brand Fashion accessory
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design
White Sleeve Automotive design Grey Personal luxury car
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Lookin good.
Anytime you have something " 1 off ", it sets you car apart from the crowd.
Curious what you used for glue ??
I used crazy glue. I’ll see how well they stay down over time. I also have fabric glue I can use if any parts start to lift.

EDIT: It’s been a year since I’ve done this. The patches haven’t budged and they still look great! I brushed superglue on the backs of the patches and then pressed them overnight with weights.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,776 Posts
If you take them to a leather shop they should be able to sew them down. Also, v-twin motorcycle shops that sell leather goods and patches will also have a machine that can get through tough/thick material.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you take them to a leather shop they should be able to sew them down. Also, v-twin motorcycle shops that sell leather goods and patches will also have a machine that can get through tough/thick material.
Thanks... good tip! If the glue doesn’t work, I’ll go that route.

The new floor mats are debuting at a car show today.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Blue
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Plant Light

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tim,
They look great. Any chance you can tell me where to get the snake and "CFTP"
Rich
I had a small local embroidery shop make them for me. Send me a PM.

Reactions: Donrod

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I used crazy glue. I’ll see how well they stay down over time. I also have fabric glue I can use if any parts start to lift.
Are they still in place? Inquiring minds want to know 😉
Can you share the name of the place where you had them made?
Floor mats that came with the car are quite boring.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are they still in place? Inquiring minds want to know 😉
Can you share the name of the place where you had them made?
Floor mats that came with the car are quite boring.
Still in place Barb… they look great! I had to pay to have the patches designed. If you want a set, send me a pm. Otherwise you can hit an embroidery shop to have them made, but you will be charged a design fee.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: QSK50

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With all those pretty mats, ya'll must have to take your shoes off before you mount up. :)

I'm not a big "interior guy" so I go the easy route...WeatherTech and VRP. Hit 'em with the pressure washer, set them in the sun, and give 'em a coating of VRP.
I don’t treat the mats any differently with the embroidery on them. They are holding up quite well.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base Rapid Red
196 Posts
I don't think I can PM just yet but send me a message with details on getting some of the cobra patches. I was thinking of having a local shop do it but it might be easier to go with yours because they have the design done and it looks good with the colors you chose. Thanks!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think I can PM just yet but send me a message with details on getting some of the cobra patches. I was thinking of having a local shop do it but it might be easier to go with yours because they have the design done and it looks good with the colors you chose. Thanks!
All you need is one more post (5) and then you can PM me.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts