Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Finally - GT500 Stock replacement 1 Piece Sport Cross Drilled Rotors that our cars braking system deserves.

No need to pay 3 times as much for 2 psc. rotors because there was nothing availible.

Well, I have been entouch with a very reputable racing and parts company name Stillen for over 9 months now about doing cross drilled rotors for the GT500's. Well the did make a set for the rear, but nothing for the front. Well it took me over 6 months to get them to do it, and I was contacted yesterday saying they would. But needed at least 5 orders to start production. Should be easy to get 5 buyers, so here goes. The rotors will be direct replacements for our stock braking system/rotors. And will sell for $603 plus S&H and tax only for CA residents. Don't get caught up in the myth of cross drilled rotors crack. Of course this is & was the case in with improper setups on cars/race cars in the past. But with the already Brembo setup up front of our cars, alot of brake pressure isn't needed to stop the GT500. And as long as one don't run their brake pads down to the rotor, then no damage to the rotor or cracking will occur. One would see benefits with less weight, better cooling, and no need to pay 3 times as much for 2 pcs. rotors for road course racing, etc.

My desire for the cross drill rotors come by way of quaility and the high end look it gives a car/show car/muscle car. And those of us GT500 with aftermarket wheels larger than stock, a set of cross drilled rotors would look $weet and very noticable.

Since I am the guy that have been bugging this guy at Stillen, anyone interested simply needs to PM me if you are interested, and I will put you entouch with the contact person at Stillen. Don't call Stillen attepmting to order, for they will only say they don't have anything availible other than the rear rotors. So if anyone thinks they would be interested, PM me saying you are, and I will simply pass it on. If one wants multiple sets for their biz. then let me know, and I will simply put you in contact. This thread is to test the waters, more than 5 orders are needed to get this ball rolling which should be easy. After the 1st 5 orders then the rotors will be made availible to the public.

All four rotors front & rear for $603 + S&H and tax to CA residents only

Fronts $350

Rear $252.75

Who is interested?

PM me if you want to order

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote form the experts....

"Sport Rotors are an exact size as OEM rotors; they offer maximum performance with stock calipers. Computer Aided Design (CAD) is employed to determine the optimum pattern for any size rotor. This pattern is critical, for it must correctly sweep the brake pad to increase its initial bite and allow for out gassing while also cleaning the entire brake pad surface. The sweep will eliminate hot spots and maximize the brake pad friction to the rotor. The added air surface, created by cross drilling, will increase the rotors ability to dissipate heat and cool more effectively."

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Quote form the experts....

"Sport Rotors are an exact size as OEM rotors; they offer maximum performance with stock calipers. Computer Aided Design (CAD) is employed to determine the optimum pattern for any size rotor. This pattern is critical, for it must correctly sweep the brake pad to increase its initial bite and allow for out gassing while also cleaning the entire brake pad surface. The sweep will eliminate hot spots and maximize the brake pad friction to the rotor. The added air surface, created by cross drilling, will increase the rotors ability to dissipate heat and cool more effectively."
Out gassing? I do that sometimes. :eek: :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay – have enough orders to start the manufacturing process for the GT500 front and rear rotor kit. The kits wont be finished and ready for shipment for probably 3 weeks.

Heres what going to happen with group cost. Until November 15th, the 4 corner rotor kit will sell for $595.75 (instead of the $603 mentioned). After November 15th, the price of the complete kit (4 corner rotors) will go up to $639.50

If interested, instead of PM me, email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
795 Posts
Okay – have enough orders to start the manufacturing process for the GT500 front and rear rotor kit. The kits wont be finished and ready for shipment for probably 3 weeks.

Heres what going to happen with group cost. Until November 15th, the 4 corner rotor kit will sell for $595.75 (instead of the $603 mentioned). After November 15th, the price of the complete kit (4 corner rotors) will go up to $639.50

If interested, instead of PM me, email me at [email protected]
sent email

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will these be prone to rusting like the stock rotors?
Anything will if it sits for periods of time in a moist/humid climate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks awsome :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Cross Drill Rotors now available for the GT500

Has anyone purchased & installed a set of these? If so would you mind sharing your thoughts.

Thanks,

TagUK

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I'm waiting on the 13" rear to match.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Has anyone purchased & installed a set of these? If so would you mind sharing your thoughts.

Thanks,

TagUK

I got a set from Stillen about 2 mths ago and they really look great ! ... I don't mind the stock rotors in the back myself so thats what I did .. cross drilled front and back and Stillen did a great job and equally important ... Page is a hell of guy to deal with

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is a picture from Lambo's car with Stillen slotted &drilled rotors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a picture of the Stillen cross drill rotor on a GT500 with stock wheel.

Front

Rear

·
Registered
134 Posts

Front

Rear
LSR

how in the hell did u do that .... i need to have u teach me how to reduce the size of my image or pixel size .. I tried to post these picts last night ( since there my car :D ) but the file size exceeded the capacity allowes on this site

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
LSR

how in the hell did u do that .... i need to have u teach me how to reduce the size of my image or pixel size .. I tried to post these picts last night ( since there my car :D ) but the file size exceeded the capacity allowes on this site
You need to upload your pics to a site like photobucket. Then you can link to the pics from here using IMG tags like the example below (except without the asterisk in front of the "I").

[*IMG]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd144/rpretzel/100_1364.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
You need to upload your pics to a site like photobucket. Then you can link to the pics from here using IMG tags like the example below (except without the asterisk in front of the "I").

Just trying out your pic Rpretzel. :D

·
Registered
134 Posts

test 123

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts

Front

They look great ! Thanks for the responses guys - another item for my wish list !

TagUK

·
Registered
134 Posts
YES I DID IT ..... got photo bucket now

see ... doesnt take alot to make me happy !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts