Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been cranking out about 48 Shelby's per day for about 10 day's now.They are starting to pile up.I see they are going all over the place.We still are not short on shaker 1000's.I just had to say that.Rumors,rumors,rumors.My buddies Shelby started this morning in Stamping Dept.The most asked question at work to me is "when is your Shelby going to be built".Getting a little tired of hearing that but nice to see all the orders being filled,I am happy for all of you.I guess Shelbywise and I will just have to wait our turn.Hope I get mine 1st.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RDavis said:
Must be a high percentage opting for the Shaker 1000 or not?
First deliveries to dealers in a few days then?

Maybe 40/60
It will be longer than a few day's

·
Registered
888 Posts
I received more good news today. As I mentioned in another thread, my Shelby was headed to the paint shop today. At lunch time it was in the primer oven and by now it is probably being topcoated or maybe even done with the topcoat. So, tomorrow it should show up in the trim and final department! It is still getting the royal treatment!

·
Registered
257 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
We have been cranking out about 48 Shelby's per day for about 10 day's now.They are starting to pile up.I see they are going all over the place.We still are not short on shaker 1000's.I just had to say that.Rumors,rumors,rumors.My buddies Shelby started this morning in Stamping Dept.The most asked question at work to me is "when is your Shelby going to be built".Getting a little tired of hearing that but nice to see all the orders being filled,I am happy for all of you.I guess Shelbywise and I will just have to wait our turn.Hope I get mine 1st.
07 SHELBY...I too hope you get yours first. You have been to the front lines and back many times by now. We are all fortunate to have the detailed updates you give us on a daily basis. One of the things I continue to like about this site is that you keep it real and squash the rumors...hell, another site I visit actually has a thread titled 'The Rumor Mill'...Go figure? My BP is already high enough! Anyhow, everyday that passes, means one less day of waiting...

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know the only way I can get to sleep these days is to lay there and count Shelby's.I actually have a friend whose daughter is named Shelby.What a wife!If I get my car in the middle of winter I will have to pick it up in a car hauler and go to Florida.Could you imagine me picking my car up on 2-6-07 driving it home and have somebody blow through the stop sign and T-bone me because it was icy out.Wow I just realized It was February 07 and I still don't have my car.

·
Registered
373 Posts
don't say that 07 shelby :(
makes me cry just thinking about mine getting smashed

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know that I haven't said much lately been pretty busy at work.Do you think they are keeping me busy so I don't look at Shelby's all the time.I know a few people who are getting their Shelby's built right now.1 is in stamping 1 is in paint and Oldimp's is in the Final Dept.My buddy's car that is in the body shop bought 1 cause I am buying 1.They are going to take pictures at work and put it in the paper.,the 1st AutoAlliance employee to get a Shelby.Ain't that a bitch.If he wants to know something about a Shelby he always comes to me.Ok I am done crying but I am happy for everybody.I actually had a dream that I drove my car home from the dealership.Boy would a psychriast have a field day with me.I feel like I am in a Supertramp song,Dreamer.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey I forgot,I will be getting a Shelby for a couple of days and I will be taking a lot of pictures.I will post them when I do.Anything special you want to see on the Shelby let me know,like me driving it or me standing in front of it or it parked in my Shelby garage.Really if there is a certain shot I will take it.I can't take pictures at work but I certainly can take them at home!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Come on man get a grip, you are living our dream. You are on the front line. Thanks for all the info and reality check about getting our car tomorrow (it just won't happen for most of us). I just hope the ones getting their's quick will let us know the feeling. You da man.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
f4X said:
Shelby,
You are the reason I check this board every day...keep up the good work!!!

Thanks but I am a guest like everyone else.

·
Registered
888 Posts
07 SHELBY, get a picture of the trunk, especially if it has the Shaker 1000. Oh, I forgot, they are not available! And you in the driver's seat! Bet you can't get one sitting there without a smile!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Absolutely,a picture of the trunk I will do that.Oh so you do have a sense of humor.Did you get any paper work today.I would love to hear a story.I can't put my picture in the forum yet.Again you are right,you couldn't wipe the grin off my face.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Hey I forgot,I will be getting a Shelby for a couple of days and I will be taking a lot of pictures.I will post them when I do.Anything special you want to see on the Shelby let me know,like me driving it or me standing in front of it or it parked in my Shelby garage.Really if there is a certain shot I will take it.I can't take pictures at work but I certainly can take them at home!
I'd like a pic of the side panels on the rear seats. I'm getting the Charcoal/Crimson and would like to see where the red portions will be. Also a pic of the face of the stereo would be nice...want to see if there's an MP3 jack on the front.

Thanks a ton for the offer.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have already answered this,but I will help

·
Registered
18 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
A few close-up photos of the hood vents....wanna see the detail on those, are they black plastic mesh or what? thanks.

(this one for my wife) see if the (non-power) passenger seat is as low, flat and uncomfortable as on the regular Stang.......for crying out loud, i know it adds weight but you'd think a $45K car would get at least a choice of both power front seats.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Id like to see some good interior shots... showing the cobra imbedded into the seats! perhaps some more shots of the upgrade interior.. the shots I saw werent that well done.
I'd really like to see the interior upgrade on a shelby that wasnt red exterior.. that way we can see how the red stitching looks in comparison to a different colored exterior!

Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts