Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught a ride on one of our planes a couple nights ago and ran into a coworker lady I hadn’t seen in a long time. I remember her having an amazing Mustang that she spent a fortune on building to the Nth degree. I asked her if she still had the car and she gave me a disgusted look... she said she was selling it and had waaaaaay more money into it than what she expected to recoup. If I recall correctly, she spent about $250k on this build. She named it “Aviatrix!” Here is the listing:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Awesome car and about 20 minutes away from me now just need to buy a winning lottery ticket this weekend.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome car and about 20 minutes away from me now just need to buy a winning lottery ticket this weekend.
I have never seen this car in person. I’d be tempted to go check it out. This is a high level build. I’m sure it would be stunning in person.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,732 Posts
Sweet ride for $50k! $187 might be a stretch (big stretch for me.), but it will go for a lot more than $50 imo.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,003 Posts
The problem with highly modified built cars is you usually don't get your money back out as you know. That is of course unless you find the right buyer who knows what they are looking at and has the money and not the skills or time to get one done. My father used to have a dealer/bodyshop and he always said "There was an a** for every seat" :p

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
191 Posts
The problem with highly modified built cars is you usually don't get your money back out as you know. That is of course unless you find the right buyer who knows what they are looking at and has the money and not the skills or time to get one done. My father used to have a dealer/bodyshop and he always said "There was an a** for every seat" :p
There is and there is a nut behind every wheel.:D

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
680 Posts
WOW!!! Check out the shifter in that car! It is truly like a fighter jet. Cool!!!
Yeah and even better if guns on actually worked-might cure my road rage and get idiots off the road...😎

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
We watched a similar local build go across the block at BJ Scottsdale in January. Dave Kindig was raving about the car. It sold for $62. In sick, if I would have known it would go that cheap, we would have been in.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Me and "Eleanor styling" do not get along well... If she'd spent the same money, had the same content and craftsmanship, but had left the 1967 bodywork "pure and clean and un-Eleanored", then my interest would be piqued.

As it sits, I wouldn't want it for free, because I'd have to look at it on a daily basis.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Me and "Eleanor styling" do not get along well... If she'd spent the same money, had the same content and craftsmanship, but had left the 1967 bodywork "pure and clean and un-Eleanored", then my interest would be piqued.

As it sits, I wouldn't want it for free, because I'd have to look at it on a daily basis.
..... and that bouncy ride .... oooooo, my back hurts already!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
I tend to side with 69bossnine...I love the styling of the 67-68 Fastbacks. I’d have another if my wife would allow it - but she said I’m limited to one mistress only. This version is too...cringy. I’m not digging the stance, the rear end, nor the hood. But that’s me. Everybody has different tastes. The color is gorgeous though....

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
191 Posts
For me the rear quarter panels are altered and don't look good at all from the side. The rest looks OK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts