Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Metallic w/White racing stripes
483 Posts
Ok, not to stray away from the sad and un fortunate, but today I took my wife and son for a long-ish drive to drain the tank. Tuesday I am taking the Shelby to GriffTuned (with David Griffin) GriffTued checkout some of his stuff.

Never had a car dynoed and am stoked. BJ is going to remote tune or update the tune(s) he wrote for me and I am very excited to see what my car is/can do. I don't expect much, but the closer I get to 700 at the wheels the more excited I'l be. I don't think I'll hit that, but should be somewhat close.

Indy guys, this is the fella @nickf2005 is pals with and recommended. BJ knows him and was incredibly complimentary of him let alone his skills. If I am correct, David G used to work for Hennesy and other "big boys" in car tuning and customization. I could be wrong, buuuut I also could be correct.
He is big into Chevy stuff as he has a mean Vette ZR1, buuut he did let me know he has a Raptor for his daily as well as a GT350, so we know he will come to the darkside in good time.

Pretty stoked and will post experience when sometime Tuesday evening or Wednesday.

Just got cancelled...I totally understand, but ugghhh so bummed. Better safe then sorry I guess.

·
Registered
'11 Sterling Gray GT500 '13 DIB GT Prem. 'Vert.
167 Posts
@stangbuff very sorry to hear about your pal's loss. I too have a pal who lost a relative. He didn't know her very well, but regardless the result of the virus still sparks a lot of anger and sadness. Again, very sorry to hear this type of news.
Dave,

Sorry to hear this; I think many people will have short degrees of separation to this virus. Stay safe!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thank you all for the kind words; yes this too shall pass. They won't be able to attend the burial in person, will be a virtual one instead. They plan on holding a celebration this summer assuming we are back to the new normal by then. Stay safe everyone!

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,866 Posts
Have only read a little of this thread. Sorry to see others having issues with family and friends. Tough times for everyone in some way or another for sure. My sister-in-law tested positive a couple weeks ago, but is doing well.

Saw this story today about some ingenious folks using a windshield wiper motor from a Camry to make a ventilator:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I started feeling a bit under the weather a couple of days ago and started quarantining myself from my wife. I also found out that two additional co-workers I had been around while still in the office had tested positive (now up to four with another waiting results). One of those was an owner's daughter who works there. Her only symptom was a lack of smell and taste, no fever, no cough, nada. Needless to say that news certainly didn't help me fall asleep any faster. I decided the best thing to do was to get tested which I did this morning. I'm relieved to report that the test results came back negative; I can honestly say I've never been happier to fail a test. I would have kissed the woman who gave me the test results but that would have just put me back to square one. :)

The owners have closed the facility for two weeks to comply with the fourteen day quarantine period. They're furloughing all the employees but still covering everyone's medical insurance. I'm going to be hard pressed to work from anywhere but home, particularly since I was planning on retiring anyways. Part of me wants to hang around and help them come out of the crisis, the other's thinking I'm getting too old for this crap. Stay safe people!

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,708 Posts
Sorry you're not feeling well, but glad it's not the rona :ROFLMAO: I'm nowhere near retirement and I don't think I'm going to want to go back to work...

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
I started feeling a bit under the weather a couple of days ago and started quarantining myself from my wife. I also found out that two additional co-workers I had been around while still in the office had tested positive (now up to four with another waiting results). One of those was an owner's daughter who works there. Her only symptom was a lack of smell and taste, no fever, no cough, nada. Needless to say that news certainly didn't help me fall asleep any faster. I decided the best thing to do was to get tested which I did this morning. I'm relieved to report that the test results came back negative; I can honestly say I've never been happier to fail a test. I would have kissed the woman who gave me the test results but that would have just put me back to square one. :)

The owners have closed the facility for two weeks to comply with the fourteen day quarantine period. They're furloughing all the employees but still covering everyone's medical insurance. I'm going to be hard pressed to work from anywhere but home, particularly since I was planning on retiring anyways. Part of me wants to hang around and help them come out of the crisis, the other's thinking I'm getting too old for this crap. Stay safe people!
Well, congrats on the negative test Mike. Sorry you got sick though.

I wish you and your coworkers luck in navigating these crazy times.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Ok, not to stray away from the sad and un fortunate, but today I took my wife and son for a long-ish drive to drain the tank. Tuesday I am taking the Shelby to GriffTuned (with David Griffin) GriffTued checkout some of his stuff.

Never had a car dynoed and am stoked. BJ is going to remote tune or update the tune(s) he wrote for me and I am very excited to see what my car is/can do. I don't expect much, but the closer I get to 700 at the wheels the more excited I'l be. I don't think I'll hit that, but should be somewhat close.

Indy guys, this is the fella @nickf2005 is pals with and recommended. BJ knows him and was incredibly complimentary of him let alone his skills. If I am correct, David G used to work for Hennesy and other "big boys" in car tuning and customization. I could be wrong, buuuut I also could be correct.
He is big into Chevy stuff as he has a mean Vette ZR1, buuut he did let me know he has a Raptor for his daily as well as a GT350, so we know he will come to the darkside in good time.

Pretty stoked and will post experience when sometime Tuesday evening or Wednesday.
Just got cancelled...I totally understand, but ugghhh so bummed. Better safe then sorry I guess.

It'll work out in due time. Let me know when you get it back on the schedule and I'll come over and watch. I'll bring you a beer even.

We had a family friend pass this week to Covid. 91 year old man who lived in a nursing home that the virus was quickly moving through. He was a sweet man and had a wonderful family. His granddaughter set Amy and I up on our blind date, his son was the pastor of our wedding, and he sat next to my in-laws at church. Like it was said before, out of state family didn't come in and it was a quick service for just a select few. I couldn't imagine not having the closure that family has.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
It'll work out in due time. Let me know when you get it back on the schedule and I'll come over and watch. I'll bring you a beer even.

We had a family friend pass this week to Covid. 91 year old man who lived in a nursing home that the virus was quickly moving through. He was a sweet man and had a wonderful family. His granddaughter set Amy and I up on our blind date, his son was the pastor of our wedding, and he sat next to my in-laws at church. Like it was said before, out of state family didn't come in and it was a quick service for just a select few. I couldn't imagine not having the closure that family has.
oh I’m not worried or put off with the tuning situation, I think it is incredibly smart on his behalf. Especially with a wee little one at home. would love for you to come over and see.

cant drink though...allergic to alcohol. Effing sucks too.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
oh I’m not worried or put off with the tuning situation, I think it is incredibly smart on his behalf. Especially with a wee little one at home. would love for you to come over and see.

cant drink though...allergic to alcohol. Effing sucks too.
Does that mean you can dose on coffee?
Caffeine can get you pretty JAZZED too...really helps when you are detailing your ride!

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Does that mean you can dose on coffee?
Caffeine can get you pretty JAZZED too...really helps when you are detailing your ride!
Cannot drink coffee either, ruins my insides; it literally halts my day doing anything. Soda is about as wild as I get until things are made legal in Indiana. Then several issues would be addressed.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Well the
Cannot drink coffee either, ruins my insides; it literally halts my day doing anything. Soda is about as wild as I get until things are made legal in Indiana. Then several issues would be addressed.
Well then how about a Big Red?
Used to be MY go to for ZIP many long years ago....lol

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
We have got to open this country up. Me being trapped in my garage with a computer and the internet results in ordering parts.I love my 2010 GT 500 in my eyes I thought that style was perfect, except the tail lights my opinion they fumbled the ball there. But being on E-Bay I found these replacement lamps. So order and replace. If this goes on much longer I am going to spend the kids inheritance. Don't you just love online parts places...

Before

After

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
We have got to open this country up. Me being trapped in my garage with a computer and the internet results in ordering parts.I love my 2010 GT 500 in my eyes I thought that style was perfect, except the tail lights my opinion they fumbled the ball there. But being on E-Bay I found these replacement lamps. So order and replace. If this goes on much longer I am going to spend the kids inheritance. Don't you just love online parts places...

Before

View attachment 198875

After

View attachment 198876
I have a couple friends that own large Mustang parts companies... they both said their businesses have been BOOMING during this crisis!

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts
I have a couple friends that own large Mustang parts companies... they both said their businesses have been BOOMING during this crisis!
I wondered about that. I could see some guys finding stuff to do with time to work on their rides and others that might have concerns about the economic impact of the virus and stay at home policies.

I have things I could be doing and parts I've already accumulated, but my allergies are driving me insane. We've only been teased with rain, which is unusual. I good hearty rain could go a long way to washing these allergens away. I think I need to step up the allergy meds.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I wondered about that. I could see some guys finding stuff to do with time to work on their rides and others that might have concerns about the economic impact of the virus and stay at home policies.

I have things I could be doing and parts I've already accumulated, but my allergies are driving me insane. We've only been teased with rain, which is unusual. I good hearty rain could go a long way to washing these allergens away. I think I need to step up the allergy meds.
Yes, everything outside is covered in a layer of green pollen here. No allergens in the garage though!

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,708 Posts
I've definitely been shopping...new 2nd monitor, new desk chair, gotta get the home office setup since we're going to be here a while. Also ordered Steeda jacking rails and need to order tires, but will start a new thread about that.

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts
I was pretty impressed with the CNC porting on that 2020 GT500 supercharger and reached out to Jokerz regarding what they can do on my Gen 3. I'm probably going to send it to them if I can get my allergies under control.

I also watched Tiger King on Netflix when we first got the stay-at-home order. If you have access to Netflix and need a pick-me-up, give it a view. You just can't make shit like this up. Pretty sure Netflix still offers a 30 free trial, if you're not a subscriber.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,413 Posts
Gosh, if you are anything like we are dealing with here, it's insane. I can understand why you aren't too anxious to go out and work on your car. My wife has allergies during the pollen season down here, and Wed night's news reported the air quality pollen count was 299! For those that don't know, 150 is considered high, and 299 is off the charts and classified as extreme. When we look out over the valley, it actually looks like there is an inversion happening, but it's the pollen.

121 - 140 of 212 Posts