Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
It's another beautiful day in north Texas today. I'll be taking the car out again today (took it out yesterday) for some empty road fun.
Color me JEALOUS!

Enjoy your DRIVE, I'm sure you will!

Wife and I are walking in our neighborhood greenbelt...enjoying the nice weather before TEXAS HEAT arrives...LOL
Thankfully able to work remote for my Project.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,064 Posts
It's another beautiful day in north Texas today. I'll be taking the car out again today (took it out yesterday) for some empty road fun.
You guys who are able to go out driving your Shelby's on deserted roads are pissing me off!! Sharon has to drive me around if we even decide to go anywhere! Sure be glad when my vision returns and I can start driving again! I'm wearing out my left fingertips playing my Gibson J160E and my Fender telecaster! At least they give me something to do rather than grumble! Glad everyone seems to be remaining healthy and virus free!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Color me JEALOUS!

Enjoy your DRIVE, I;m sure you will!

Wife and I are walking in our neighborhood greenbelt...enjoying the nice weather before TEXAS HEAT arrives...LOL
Thankfully able to work remote for my Project.
You guys who are able to go out driving your Shelby's on deserted roads are pissing me off!! Sharon has to drive me around if we even decide to go anywhere! Sure be glad when my vision returns and I can start driving again! I'm wearing out my left fingertips playing my Gibson J160E and my Fender telecaster! At least they give me something to do rather than grumble! Glad everyone seems to be remaining healthy and virus free!
So, are you playing the "Old Man can't see, can't drive my Shelby" Blues?

Take care!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Have fun Eric! 🤟

Our county is on lock-down. My boys and I took advantage of the lovely day to do the initial yard work for the season. The flooded picture was taken 5 days ago. Fortunately the lake has gone back down. It is 88 degrees here!
A70E1956-EACB-4073-8EA3-708E12518508.jpeg
93FB50CD-0A20-40C4-84CD-3F591430CD1D.jpeg

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,076 Posts
Rained most of the day, mailed my federal & state tax returns, RMD wasn't as bad as I thought it would be..

·
Premium Member
4,259 Posts
Working from home and glad that I can keep working. One of my customers bought a couple cases of TP, nothing new. I found out they took it to one of the local grocery stores and gave a few rolls to several elderly people that showed up to buy it from the store that was out. As they offered a few rolls to them, all would reply they don’t want to take to much. Class act on my friends and the people who took it.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,241 Posts
Working from home and glad that I can keep working. One of my customers bought a couple cases of TP, nothing new. I found out they took it to one of the local grocery stores and gave a few rolls to several elderly people that showed up to buy it from the store that was out. As they offered a few rolls to them, all would reply they don’t want to take to much. Class act on my friends and the people who took it.
So, this year when you ship us our calendars will we get a couple rolls of tp too? :)

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Will they ship?
LOL
Just messin around for a laugh!

Class Act indeed!

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,548 Posts
Have fun Eric! 🤟

Our county is on lock-down. My boys and I took advantage of the lovely day to do the initial yard work for the season. The flooded picture was taken 5 days ago. Fortunately the lake has gone back down. It is 88 degrees here! View attachment 198186 View attachment 198187
I got all my yard work done as well today and then took a nice drive. I live in Dallas county, we’ve been in lock down. No reason you can’t take the car out with nowhere to go. Easy to stay 6 feet away from just about anything in a Shelby.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Went and picked up a couple things for my folks at the store, and then I mowed the lawn! First mowing of the season. I fertilized it last Sunday right before a couple rains. So now I can mow it without fear of blowing the fertilizer around.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Filled out unemployment insurance form for my wife since she was furloughed today. How depressing to see what you get, $320 a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,259 Posts
Filled out unemployment insurance form for my wife since she was furloughed today. How depressing to see what you get, $320 a week.

That stinks, sorry.
Hopefully, she will get the extra $600 per week bump for four weeks that is part of the stimulus package just signed.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
That stinks, sorry.
Hopefully, she will get the extra $600 per week bump for four weeks that is part of the stimulus package just signed.
We definitely qualify for the stimulus, hopefully things start back up around Easter like Trump wants, then she’ll only be out one paycheck.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
I'm not holding my breath for anything to be lifted by Easter. IMO, this will drag out well beyond that and the economic impact will remain long after its goine. I think the numbers are much higher than we expected and there's a lot of people infected that have not been tested, at least here in Louisiana. I was working like a madman through the 18th on a project due that day. That project will lay dormant now, until the courts open back up. Shortly thereafter, we closed the office on order of the governor, so I've been home along with everyone else. I'm not working, but they are having to adapt to working from home.... many with their kids because the schools are all closed. I guess each state is different in what they ask their constituency to do. I got a chuckle out of the local news last night. All the local gun stores are sold out of guns and ammo. For one thing, I wouldn't have thought a gun store was an essential business. One shop owner they interviewed was saying he hoped they get training, because they were all first time gun buyers.

Me, I've been staying indoors except for my daily walks. Pollen season is upon us, so I need to limit my outside activities. I'm inundated with honey dos. Waiting on cooler drier weather expected next week to install some new struts and a new large non-fanned HE in the car.

Tighten your seat belts. I think we're in for a crazy ride. Stay healthy, stay safe.

And still no toilet paper......

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
You can always borrow money from Goose! He has low interest rates and the leg breakers are only involved after a 6 month delinquency!
Funny Mike! I “see” your sense of humor has returned post-surgery! :LOL:
I'm not holding my breath for anything to be lifted by Easter. IMO, this will drag out well beyond that and the economic impact will remain long after its goine.
Hopefully this will be like the flu season that peters-out when it warms-up in N. America.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
I hadn’t really paid attention to what was happening at gun and ammunition stores like John had until I got a Midway flier in the mail that had some bullets for my 1894 on sale. Holy crap! When I got on their website I found most of the bullet choices sold out, and Midway has a notice on their website explaining their high sales. I found the same problem over on Cabelas website, but they were out of my bullets. So I went back and bought four boxes of the bullets at Midway, which is more than I really need, but they were on sale and I don’t know how long this will last. I need enough to practice shooting this summer before hunting season hits. Fortunately I shoot heavy bullets in this gun because my 300gr bullets were the only ones in stock!

There must be a lot of doomsday people or the same lot that were worried during Y2K. Toilet paper, guns, and ammo.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts