Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Back home from Maui safely this morning.
Both airports looked like ghost towns for the most part.
Parking garages at DFW looked to be about 25% occupied. When we left on 3/11, we had to look hard for a spot....
Good to be home!
Gotta go wash my hands again...been about 5 minutes...lol kinda.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Back home from Maui safely this morning.
Both airports looked like ghost towns for the most part.
Parking garages at DFW looked to be about 25% occupied. When we left on 3/11, we had to look hard for a spot....
Good to be home!
Gotta go wash my hands again...been about 5 minutes...lol kinda.
Glad you guys made it back Mike! I’m sure there was a little stress with the possibility of your flight getting canceled... all is well now. Back to your GT350 hunt! 🤟

·
Registered
'11 Sterling Gray GT500 '13 DIB GT Prem. 'Vert.
151 Posts
MA ordered all non-essential businesses to close as of 12 PM today. However, several of our customers have been deemed essential by Homeland Security or the DoD so we are continuing to work. I could work from home but feel I should be here with those who don't have the option. I'm able to limit traffic into my office and a healthy spritz of Lysol "Spring Waterfall" towards would be transgressors keeps them at bay. It smells like a spring waterfall in Assville which must be why it's so effective. ;)

One must find his or her way to lighten the mood and spirits. I opted for shoveling snow this AM followed by top down commuting; it never fails to put a smile on my face.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
We have a lock-down order starting at midnight tonight. We did a little shopping today and can survive quite awhile with supplies on hand. We shall see if I get pulled over heading to the airport when I finally get off vacation and head back to work... we are deemed a critical service. We have superchargers to lose.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,241 Posts
We have a lock-down order starting at midnight tonight. We did a little shopping today and can survive quite awhile with supplies on hand. We shall see if I get pulled over heading to the airport when I finally get off vacation and head back to work... we are deemed a critical service. We have superchargers to lose.
I hope you get pulled over and deemed a risk worthy of a body cavity search !

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
We made it home to Canada on Friday, so day 4 of isolation in so far.
Our flight got cancelled a few times (Westjet)thought we may have to say an extra month in Mexico.

Since I have 14 days at home the wife figures it is a great time for her Honey Dooo list, I am thinking a great time to do my car mods, hmmmm :)
It is still pretty nippy and old gas in the tank so blower mods are on the back burner until i get her out & use that up.

My daughter knowing we would be home early and not able to pick up my new boxer pup for 2 weeks, went to Alberta with her friend and brought our new Boxer girl home, she is 5 months old, her name is Mylie & has that great Boxer personally.

Hope you all stay safe.

Cheers
Colin

IMG_86831.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Sel
Mike and Vickie: Glad you guys are back home and all went well with your return trip. Now self-isolate for the next fourteen days!
Self isolate AND Self Medicate!
Video chat with grandkids is PRICELESS!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Flying empty Jets around the country!
I feel for you guys on the passenger side of the business Tom and hope this thing shakes out quickly before the financial pain cuts too deeply.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
We made it home to Canada on Friday, so day 4 of isolation in so far.
Our flight got cancelled a few times (Westjet)thought we may have to say an extra month in Mexico.

Since I have 14 days at home the wife figures it is a great time for her Honey Dooo list, I am thinking a great time to do my car mods, hmmmm :)
It is still pretty nippy and old gas in the tank so blower mods are on the back burner until i get her out & use that up.

My daughter knowing we would be home early and not able to pick up my new boxer pup for 2 weeks, went to Alberta with her friend and brought our new Boxer girl home, she is 5 months old, her name is Mylie & has that great Boxer personally.

Hope you all stay safe.

Cheers
Colin

View attachment 198155
Another beautiful boxer, and brindle coloration too!

·
Premium Member
2011 SVTPP Ingot Silver
81 Posts
I’ve been watching my retirement portfolio shrink. I did not plan on drawing any funds until at least next April when I hit 62. Being formally self employed, there is no guaranteed pension to count on so it is kind of annoying to see my investments shrink. Luckily I don’t owe on anything so no panic here. However, from what I have seen vanish so far I could have purchased a new 2020 GT500 or two. :confused:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I’ve been watching my retirement portfolio shrink. I did not plan on drawing any funds until at least next April when I hit 62. Being formally self employed, there is no guaranteed pension to count on so it is kind of annoying to see my investments shrink. Luckily I don’t owe on anything so no panic here. However, from what I have seen vanish so far I could have purchased a new 2020 GT500 or two. :confused:
Hopefully it bounces back before you have to cash-out.

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,264 Posts

Me 2 bud, the way things are going, my kill my retirement plans also, my end up having to work longer than I have planned, but being alive to enjoy retirement is important also!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,064 Posts
Zing!

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Mike and Vickie: Glad you guys are back home and all went well with your return trip. Now self-isolate for the next fourteen days!
Just need to find some TP.....LOL

STOCKED up on BOOZE already.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts

The Canadian Government has asked people to stay home and stay 6 feet away from people (social Distancing)
I was watching the news for Canada the other day, and they showed the lineups at the Pot shops & Liquor store, people hanging out in the line ups, laughing & BS'n, priorities I guess 😂 😂 😂

As for the Toilet paper shortage I just dont get it.

Colin
89345170_10158254551573784_8962553731124035584_n.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
The Canadian Government has asked people to stay home and stay 6 feet away from people (social Distancing)
I was watching the news for Canada the other day, and they showed the lineups at the Pot shops & Liquor store, people hanging out in the line ups, laughing & BS'n, priorities I guess 😂 😂 😂

As for the Toilet paper shortage I just dont get it.

Colin
View attachment 198175
Hey! I’m sitting at a liquor store waiting for it open!

And by the way, if a person drinks too much liquor, their nose isn’t the only thing that’s going to run. :)

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Hey! I’m sitting at a liquor store waiting for it open!

And by the way, if a person drinks too much liquor, their nose isn’t the only thing that’s going to run. :)
Moderation is KEY...

Only get MODERATELY intoxicated!

🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹

61 - 80 of 109 Posts