Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 109 Posts

Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
I am teaching from home, with my wife who teaches basically the same stuff I do, but a grade lower. So between trying to plan and implement work that wont get done and make it "exciting" per our admin and no "boring" work, I am about to stop teaching. Honestly, it is fascinating teaching this way. I don't know if my students are gaining much as it is really hard to help with out being there, but the planning hasn't changed, just altered as I cannot speak with them everyday.

We are out until at least May 1. Our school year ends before Memorial Day. So all testing has been scrapped, which blows my mind. I get it, but the results of this type of testing form HS on down dictates so much for students, it will be interesting to see the ramifications. I have no idea if we will even finish the year with let's say 20 days of in school teaching, especially after over a month off and summer so close. The idea of teaching normalcy with what is happening around the world is also very odd to me. I teach 12 year-olds, but we aren't to discuss the virus unless it is a reassuring bit of advice, no facts they could find on yahoo...so that is weird. Not sure why we are keeping them in the dark at this age and with the amount of access they have with the internet.

So with that said I we are fine, teaching, helping my 8 year old do his e-learning work.

The good side is that there are memes as well as social media posts saying we need to pay teachers like professional athletes as parents realize how annoying or worse their kids are and how "teaching" isn't as easy as they think it is.

It has lead me to find new ways to get the kids to think, which is cool and some new ideas are forming, but strangely enough, I miss quite a few of them. Ok maybe just one or two. I have a kid who has fallen in love with my Shelby and has spent a lot of time learning about who Shelby was. Kind of cool to see a kid get this excited about what we all love. Most want a Lambo or Tesla...they don't know.

So this boy tells me his neighbor has a Hellcat and that the neighbor heard my student talking about the Shelby. neighbor tells the kid his hellcat would blow my GT500 away. So the kid comes back to tell me that he started heckling the guy about his car might be fast in a straight line with his automatic, but can he actually make a turn around the corner in his car and finally that his car has no "soul." I guess they are learning...oh and i think I have most of them never wanting to own a prius, which is almost like ending a different type of natural disaster.

I want to adopt this kid!

The no "soul" is the best description I can ever use on the difference between a Kat and Shelby馃榾 Smart kid!

Premium Member
New car dealers were told to close in NJ only dept allowed open is Service and parts. all new car sales stopped.

Registered
I was already about 90% working from home already so the covid19 issue really did not hamper the work I do. Well the other 10% I usually visit customer data centers (which is a apparently a hotbed of germs/viruses so was told by the boss to stay away from those places for the time being). It does affect the weekends though so basically working out every morning and watching what I eat (the lockdown does prevent me from eating out and or buying junkfood:). I do run about an hour earlier every morning to avoid any human beings (it's dark out when I run, but have been running longer<about an hour and 15 minutes). Above all been taking care of things at home I had been putting off for a while (installed and re-positioned a big gaming router and put in a new modem...finally put up my ring spotlight cam and a ring door bell..emptied out the old gas in my bikes and also the GT500 and replaced with fresh gas....finally swapped out injectors in my troublesome GSXR..runs great now..cleaned out the filters in my fish tanks....other than it just cleaning the house/office and getting rid of old paperwork to be shredded and recycled).

#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
I am teaching from home, with my wife who teaches basically the same stuff I do, but a grade lower. So between trying to plan and implement work that wont get done and make it "exciting" per our admin and no "boring" work, I am about to stop teaching. Honestly, it is fascinating teaching this way. I don't know if my students are gaining much as it is really hard to help with out being there, but the planning hasn't changed, just altered as I cannot speak with them everyday.

We are out until at least May 1. Our school year ends before Memorial Day. So all testing has been scrapped, which blows my mind. I get it, but the results of this type of testing form HS on down dictates so much for students, it will be interesting to see the ramifications. I have no idea if we will even finish the year with let's say 20 days of in school teaching, especially after over a month off and summer so close. The idea of teaching normalcy with what is happening around the world is also very odd to me. I teach 12 year-olds, but we aren't to discuss the virus unless it is a reassuring bit of advice, no facts they could find on yahoo...so that is weird. Not sure why we are keeping them in the dark at this age and with the amount of access they have with the internet.

So with that said I we are fine, teaching, helping my 8 year old do his e-learning work.

The good side is that there are memes as well as social media posts saying we need to pay teachers like professional athletes as parents realize how annoying or worse their kids are and how "teaching" isn't as easy as they think it is.

It has lead me to find new ways to get the kids to think, which is cool and some new ideas are forming, but strangely enough, I miss quite a few of them. Ok maybe just one or two. I have a kid who has fallen in love with my Shelby and has spent a lot of time learning about who Shelby was. Kind of cool to see a kid get this excited about what we all love. Most want a Lambo or Tesla...they don't know.

So this boy tells me his neighbor has a Hellcat and that the neighbor heard my student talking about the Shelby. neighbor tells the kid his hellcat would blow my GT500 away. So the kid comes back to tell me that he started heckling the guy about his car might be fast in a straight line with his automatic, but can he actually make a turn around the corner in his car and finally that his car has no "soul." I guess they are learning...oh and i think I have most of them never wanting to own a prius, which is almost like ending a different type of natural disaster.

I want to adopt this kid!
Good for you Dave and spouse! Sharon taught middle school and H.S. English for about eighteen years, then got her Masters and was a guidance counselor in H.S. till she retired. I used to sit and help her grade the student's papers and compositions etc. at home with no financial compensation. This is funny. In homicide investigation, your reports need to be succinct and very accurate. My fellow detectives used to get into arguments about grammar, spelling usage, sentence construction, etc. and would call Sharon to settle the disputes. She loved those calls at 2300 hrs.! They called her Saint Sharon! Good times!
Teachers are definitely unappreciated, sometimes, and underpaid most times. It must be frustrating for you and your wife without that personal interaction with the kids. Hang in there bud! And thank you both for your dedication to the youngsters who so desperately need guidance!

Premium Member
Flights out have not been curtailed so far...mostly flights incoming.
Flights out are fully booked anyway, I checked....lol

Restaurants only doing takeout.
Supermarkets although sold out of cleaning supplies an TP operating normally for food and beverage (booze).
Room service is still available too.
Moved us into a BETTER room yesterday, maybe because of my status.
View attachment 198080
Mike,
is that the Westin?

Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Metallic w/White racing stripes
Good for you Dave and spouse! Sharon taught middle school and H.S. English for about eighteen years, then got her Masters and was a guidance counselor in H.S. till she retired. I used to sit and help her grade the student's papers and compositions etc. at home with no financial compensation. This is funny. In homicide investigation, your reports need to be succinct and very accurate. My fellow detectives used to get into arguments about grammar, spelling usage, sentence construction, etc. and would call Sharon to settle the disputes. She loved those calls at 2300 hrs.! They called her Saint Sharon! Good times!
Teachers are definitely unappreciated, sometimes, and underpaid most times. It must be frustrating for you and your wife without that personal interaction with the kids. Hang in there bud! And thank you both for your dedication to the youngsters who so desperately need guidance!

Mike I appreciate the words and all who have taught or are married to teachers. Yes we are a weird lot, but what do you expect?

@Goose17 @03reptile Tell your wives that we had so many complaints to the Central Admin (Superintendent, etc,etc) about how hard it is to get their one or two child(ren) to work and that many grandparents are watching the kid(s) that 5 days of e-learning is too much. We have been scaled down to three days next week...because parents think it is too hard. I truly take no joy in this, but there is a little bit of karma that is showing parents that their little cherub is in fact a pita 24/7 and NEVER misses a day of school!

Made me laugh when we heard the news. We have to scale back our work and assignments as it is too much for parents or too hard. Yep, we are just baby sitters. 馃槃

Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
Discussion Starter #48
Mike I appreciate the words and all who have taught or are married to teachers. Yes we are a weird lot, but what do you expect?

@Goose17 @03reptile Tell your wives that we had so many complaints to the Central Admin (Superintendent, etc,etc) about how hard it is to get their one or two child(ren) to work and that many grandparents are watching the kid(s) that 5 days of e-learning is too much. We have been scaled down to three days next week...because parents think it is too hard. I truly take no joy in this, but there is a little bit of karma that is showing parents that their little cherub is in fact a pita 24/7 and NEVER misses a day of school!

Made me laugh when we heard the news. We have to scale back our work and assignments as it is too much for parents or too hard. Yep, we are just baby sitters. 馃槃
Doesn鈥檛 surprise me Dave. I am often shocked at the stories my wife tells me about rotten kids and parents who either don鈥檛 care whatsoever or simply blame it on the teachers... rotten parents have rotten kids! I teach martial arts. I have zero tolerance for baloney in my class. I often offer my wife advice when dealing with these issues, but she usually responds with: her hands are tied or she could never do that type of discipline in a public school setting.

I鈥檝e had bad parents bring their problem child to my martial arts class to 鈥渇ix them,鈥 but my limited exposure to these little darlings does little to undo the 24/7 bad parenting at home.

Premium Member
Thought I recognized it. That鈥檚 where we stayed on our last visit. Are they still taking snorkeling trips on the Gemini usually parked on the beach in front of the Westin?

Premium Member
Other than the weather...NOT a good place to be right now.
Got our flight changed to Monday...be home sooner than originally planned :rolleyes:
Now worried about summer travel plans...

Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
We have a call-in service at our church for people that are shut in, they can call in and listen to the service by phone. We have diverted to that system for the whole church. We had just over 50 households listening in today to the services. Just a few of us there at the church to make the service happen.
The electrical work right now is the same for me. I am the company service technician. It has been kind of nice working in these buildings where everybody has had to stay home. So for the most part, it is life as usual for me. Kids are at home, this is their senior year. My wife鈥檚 work has slowed down.
I have an appointment this Tuesday to have my ceramic coating inspected on the Shelby to maintain the lifetime warranty. I am hoping that still happens.
if our state does go into a lockdown mode, I have a lot of work to do on my property.

#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
We have a call-in service at our church for people that are shut in, they can call in and listen to the service by phone. We have diverted to that system for the whole church. We had just over 50 households listening in today to the services. Just a few of us there at the church to make the service happen.
The electrical work right now is the same for me. I am the company service technician. It has been kind of nice working in these buildings where everybody has had to stay home. So for the most part, it is life as usual for me. Kids are at home, this is their senior year. My wife鈥檚 work has slowed down.
I have an appointment this Tuesday to have my ceramic coating inspected on the Shelby to maintain the lifetime warranty. I am hoping that still happens.
if our state does go into a lockdown mode, I have a lot of work to do on my property.
Glad all is going well for you guys!

Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
Discussion Starter #57
Neil Diamond with a twist:

Premium Member
Working crazy hours dealing with ever question/request you can imagine. I can鈥檛 imagine if we didn鈥檛 have a pandemic plan already built. Information is changing so fast.

Premium Member
Working crazy hours dealing with ever question/request you can imagine. I can鈥檛 imagine if we didn鈥檛 have a pandemic plan already built. Information is changing so fast.
There will be a lot of knowledge gained from this (should).

41 - 60 of 109 Posts