Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what everyone is up to during these crazy times... who’s at home? Who’s at work? Who’s on spring break? Who is wiping their butts with old Shelby shirts?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Fire department (and emergency services) doesn't rest for anything.....we are more then a little concerned, but at this point, I guess we are in it for the long haul, like it or not....

·
Premium Member
5,153 Posts
Project has instructed travellers such as myself to work remotely until first week of April...so far.

Considering wrapping myself in plastic wrap until June 🤪

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,614 Posts
Recommended telework right now, had to come in today...grr... Mandatory telework coming soon. Wife and I so far have been doing normal things like going out to dinner, just avoiding large crowds since her dad is planning to fly down Wednesday. Curious to see if that happens, but he feels like he could get it anywhere and he'd rather be in Florida. He comes every year for a break from the cold.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,089 Posts
My routine hasn't changed, GF still goes to work, there is crazy stuff going on around me, but not involved in it.
Went to breakfast Sat. morning with ( 3 ) guys I used to work with, it was planned 20 days ago, so we went..

·
Premium Member
7,844 Posts
No change ... still go to grocery store (ours - HyVee & Aldi - are still pretty well stocked, haven't run out of anything yet), still went out for pizza yesterday, filled the car up with gas ( $1.99 / gal ), been to Walmart and Home Depot for several small projects. The way I look at it, it's the "winter flu season" just like any other year .... why the mass hysteria this year is anyone's guess ... probably the MSM trying to undermine President Trump economy, wouldn't put it past them rotten b-turds. Probably the biggest change is all the crazy people acting like weirdos more than usual, other than that, traffic is light and the grass is getting greener .... soon, flu season will be over and this will all be a distant blip on history. :)

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,270 Posts
Mill still running, I still at work. Not sure how long we will run, word is the first case we have in the mill, that shift will have to go into quarantine, and then the mill will go down due to manpower shortage. We also have the yearly shutdown coming up in three weeks and we will have over 1500 contractor personnel from all over the country coming in. That is not sitting well with mill personnel right now, so the outage may be moved later also.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Safest place to be is alone in my Shelby (when weather permits) cruising....no virus in the Shelby.... kinda of a bubble boy thing!

Hope everyone is safe and healthy....

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,523 Posts
Well, for now and for as long as it takes we will be bunkered up here at the homested. We could in all reality stay here for two years or better, yes, truly. Everything we need we have. Water, yes. Solar, yes. Food, yes. Security, yes. Seven or so vehicles topped off, yes. Assortment protective devices, yes. A couple of projects with the parts stashed away to stay busy, yes. Prepped and ready!!!
...and enough TP to never have to be concerned.

·
Premium Member
5,153 Posts
Well, for now and for as long as it takes we will be bunkered up here at the homested. We could in all reality stay here for two years or better, yes, truly. Everything we need we have. Water, yes. Solar, yes. Food, yes. Security, yes. Seven or so vehicles topped off, yes. Assortment protective devices, yes. A couple of projects with the parts stashed away to stay busy, yes. Prepped and ready!!!
...and enough TP to never have to be concerned.
What about pancake mix and syrup?

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Teleworker so I'm still working. But since more of our company is now working from home, we're seeing the influx of tickets for VPN issues (sigh).

Two of our three kids have been cut loose from work (for now) with one of those also not being able to pay tuition either. So apparently I'm the backup plan, paying their rent and tuition. (double sigh)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Trying to work from home with both myself and the wife and our little 1st grader who's school closed for the next month.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts