Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shoping around,calling dealers ,looking at the internet to see what was going on with the markup. Saw a sweet black GT500 so I called to see what they wanted. He said 125K! :mad: That's outrageous any way you put it! No wonder people are jumping ship and buying other cars. This is doing great harm to Ford,the company I love,when they lose loyal buyers to other brands because of greed which I think is EVIL. Carroll Shelby is an honorable man and can't be blamed for the actions of others. This is not right. GGBIW

·
Registered
806 Posts
A few years ago I seen a Cobra R in a showroom. A salesman came over and told me it was not for sale, At any price!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A few years ago I seen a Cobra R in a showroom. A salesman came over and told me it was not for sale, At any price!!
Yes I saw one in the saac monthly with a few miles. I was so upset I just mowed an acre,washed my car,and cleaned the fountain. Hoping the dealer I bought my GT500 does me right on another purchase. We'll see. GGBIW:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I've been shoping around,calling dealers ,looking at the internet to see what was going on with the markup. Saw a sweet black GT500 so I called to see what they wanted. He said 125K! :mad: That's outrageous any way you put it! No wonder people are jumping ship and buying other cars. This is doing great harm to Ford,the company I love,when they lose loyal buyers to other brands because of greed which I think is EVIL. Carroll Shelby is an honorable man and can't be blamed for the actions of others. This is not right. GGBIW
So is Henry(honorable that is), but Supply and Demand determines the final price. Blame it on Capitalism, or the American way, but don't blame it on Ford. Finger pointing should go to us, the Consumer if you want to play the blame game. Just my opinion. Evil is another thing, but to call this Evil is like calling your salary evil. What are you worth? Is that Evil? Those who live in glass houses and I am sure you can fill in the blanks.;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So is Henry(honorable that is), but Supply and Demand determines the final price. Blame it on Capitalism, or the American way, but don't blame it on Ford. Finger pointing should go to us, the Consumer if you want to play the blame game. Just my opinion. Evil is another thing, but to call this Evil is like calling your salary evil. What are you worth? Is that Evil? Those who live in glass houses and I am sure you can fill in the blanks.;)
Shelbysvt,You do have a point but It isn't me adding to the price. I held out and got them to come down 15K. I'm not blaming Ford as the dealers are private business's. It does say the love of money is the root of all evil. I work hard to earn my pay. No problem with supply and demand ,that is the american way. Right after I made my deal with my dealership,another dealer offered 5K more than I paid. I thank the lord the dealership honored my deal. I have no problem with dealers getting what they can,that's their business.When they start snatching other dealers inventory and jack the price up how can any of us compete with that? Is that true supply and demand or hoarding? Wall street is rampant with manipulation due to greed. I really don't have the right to judge anyone,just myself. Everything I have is because of Jesus, my job included. The lord giveth and he taketh away, He raises kings and takes them down. That I know is true. Ford set the msrp at around 45K. 10K markup is what I paid. Not a problem. Am I rich? Absolutely Not. I built the home I live in,that did help me get ahead. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, that is the last thing I would want to do. God sees EVERYTHING so we all live in glass houses. GGBIW

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
ggbiw you did not offend anyone and I am sorry if I did you. You are right we all live in glass houses but I feel these dealers have the right to ask what ever they want for their vehicles. If there is someone out there willing to pay the price then good for them. I would love to own an Enzo but do not feel they are worth the price, or could I afford one.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ggbiw you did not offend anyone and I am sorry if I did you. You are right we all live in glass houses but I feel these dealers have the right to ask what ever they want for their vehicles. If there is someone out there willing to pay the price then good for them. I would love to own an Enzo but do not feel they are worth the price, or could I afford one.
No ,you didn't offend at all.I can't compete with another dealer trying to up my price though. Got the package.Sent you a PM. GGBIW;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts