Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 Track Pack - Sterling Grey
104 Posts
Nice, I just placed an order some black tip corsa sports for my 14. IMO Corsa has the best looking tips. Is the rest of your exhaust stock?

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, I just placed an order some black tip corsa sports for my 14. IMO Corsa has the best looking tips. Is the rest of your exhaust stock?
Yes, for now.... Only had the car a little over a week.... Picked these up along w JLT CAI... "Hey" its a start...

Next i plan on upper pulley/idler, injectors, and a tune...

Then i'll move on to long tubes, cooling mods, balancer, Whipple... WAY down the road....

·
Registered
2010 GT500, Kona Blue/White Stripes
376 Posts
Very nice, are they the sports or the extreme version?

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 Track Pack - Sterling Grey
104 Posts
Extreme...
Just so you know If you plan on going long tubes down the road, your exhaust will be hella loud with the Corsa extremes. Hope you are on good terms with your neighbors, lol.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
1,310 Posts
I have the extremes with O/R Xpipe and LTH, all Corsa. It's definitely LOUD, but I LOVE it! It's not like cold start on a 30° day with cams loud, but still loud.

·
Registered
"Sally" 2014 GT500
71 Posts
I often wonder what purchasers of such mufflers (?) are after. I get compliments on the sound of the OEM exhaust note of "Sally" (2014 GT500) so I wouldn't want to chance going through the expense of doing a muffler change and end up pissing off the neighborhood. It's precisely why "active exhaust" was invented. I'd be interested in seeing dyno numbers before and after.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I was after a MUCH more aggressive sound. I couldn't really care less what the neighbors think. As long as I'm not waking up babies or young children, then I'm fine. I'm not a complete jerk, but it's just a little noise, be an adult. I also don't drive in the neighborhood over 15mph and around 1500rmp, so it's relatively quiet in that range.

Exhuast doesn't generate horsepower per say, it "frees up" horsepower you're already generating that is being restricted through cats/mufflers/excessive bends in the pipes/small diameter pipes.

Reactions: SNKBTU

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I often wonder what purchasers of such mufflers (?) are after. I get compliments on the sound of the OEM exhaust note of "Sally" (2014 GT500) so I wouldn't want to chance going through the expense of doing a muffler change and end up pissing off the neighborhood. It's precisely why "active exhaust" was invented. I'd be interested in seeing dyno numbers before and after.
Well, being that mine is a 2010 model i don't have the "active exhaust"... One shouldn't buy an aftermarket muffler/cat back and expect gains on the Dyno... 1) you're an idiot 2) Dyno's are a measuring tool.

What this "Purchaser" is after is a nice exhaust note w/o rasp and w/o pissing off neighbors. Hence my purchase of the Corsa Extreme's... Its how this car should have sounded from the factory.

Just my .02

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was after a MUCH more aggressive sound. I couldn't really care less what the neighbors think. As long as I'm not waking up babies or young children, then I'm fine. I'm not a complete jerk, but it's just a little noise, be an adult. I also don't drive in the neighborhood over 15mph and around 1500rmp, so it's relatively quiet in that range.

Exhuast doesn't generate horsepower per say, it "frees up" horsepower you're already generating that is being restricted through cats/mufflers/excessive bends in the pipes/small diameter pipes.
EXACTLY.....

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If i wanted to piss people off and hurt their little feelings i'd drive my 01 C5Z... (414ci w 250 shot of juice)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Then again... my 12 ZR1... The Shelby is my first... Looking forward to making her fast too... Clint and Crew over at True Street Motorsports in Mckinney Tx built my C5Z as well as my H/C C6Z06.. I had 21st Century do my ZR1.. Some KONG stuff, cooling stuff, injector, E85 (flex)... I really dig the GT500... Its a fun car that i am still getting used to...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Then again... my 12 ZR1... The Shelby is my first... Looking forward to making her fast too... Clint and Crew over at True Street Motorsports in Mckinney Tx built my C5Z as well as my H/C C6Z06.. I had 21st Century do my ZR1.. Some KONG stuff, cooling stuff, injector, E85 (flex)... I really dig the GT500... Its a fun car that i am still getting used to...
View attachment 238877
I really like those ZR1s!

I bet the C5Z is nasty, but (and this is just my .02) bottles are for babies. Go blown or go home! Lol!

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really like those ZR1s!

I bet the C5Z is nasty, but (and this is just my .02) bottles are for babies. Go blown or go home! Lol!
You might feel that way until you paired up with me on an airstrip.... lol...
Car Cloud Land vehicle Vehicle Tire
Car Cloud Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
(225) Runway Rivalry II - YouTube

Watch at 5:52... My little Bottle Fed Z against a Calvo Motorsports fully built, forged, turbo'd Viper T/A... I was sand bagging obviously... He made right at 1K rear wheel....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts