Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 Silver/Black Stripes
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the months of not being able to drive the shelby due to winter I’m going to be installing the triple pass he with fans. This past summer when it got hot and humid the car would run hot in stop and go. This car isn’t tuned yet, but I’m in need of a gage like aero force or should I just buy an n gauge or xct programmer to show me my iat2’s. Obviously the car will not be getting tuned next summer but in 2022 when the motor gets fully built. So if I just buy an n gauge new marry it to the car and stick it in the dash will it read iat2’s or do I just need an aero force gauge for now.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,352 Posts
You have options... some members have gone the N gauge route. It seems to work well. I went with a single Aeroforce Interceptor gauge that I mainly use to monitor IAT2, boost and A/F. It works well. Knowing IAT2 is good as it lets you know when you have full power available.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black
1,755 Posts
During the months of not being able to drive the shelby due to winter I’m going to be installing the triple pass he with fans. This past summer when it got hot and humid the car would run hot in stop and go. This car isn’t tuned yet, but I’m in need of a gage like aero force or should I just buy an n gauge or xct programmer to show me my iat2’s. Obviously the car will not be getting tuned next summer but in 2022 when the motor gets fully built. So if I just buy an n gauge new marry it to the car and stick it in the dash will it read iat2’s or do I just need an aero force gauge for now.
I ran an Aeroforce Interceptor with my Ford Racing (Boost, Fuel, & Oil Pressure) gauges, before migrating to an nGauge with my tune. Unless you're going to use the nGauge for tuning/datalogging, the Interceptor provides more bang for the buck. Its display is better in bright light and it permits scanning through more parameters. OTOH, it can't do what the nGauge does on the tuning/datalogging front. Also notable is the fact that, bright light conditions aside, the nGauge's display is larger, more colorful, and easier to read than the Interceptor's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts