Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sharing some pics of my son and I doing a coolant flush/fill on his 2011 5.0 since it will help with our GT500s. I did this one a little “smarter” this time. I’ve had a problem draining coolant out of the vehicles and having it splash all over.

First pic, elevating his ride!

This pic shows my telescoping collection container, but the coolant would still splash all over:

This time I pushed some vinyl tubing on the spigot and controlled the flow MUCH better!

The coolant still comes straight down out of the plastic screw, but the flow directed through the tubing prevents it from spraying out sideways.

On a side note, with his car in the air, I discovered the inside edges of his tires are shot from being lowered too aggressively. He now needs to buy new tires and research castor/camber plates.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black
1,682 Posts
Good job, Dad, checking around while it was up in the air and noticing the tires.
+1.

Now, about the use of open-toe footwear in the garage... :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,696 Posts
Reactions: OMB and Norton

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1.

Now, about the use of open-toe footwear in the garage... :unsure:
Yes, I mentioned it to him again. He always does this.

He is ordering new tires from American Muscle today. The discount code I have is aparrently no longer used. Anyone have their latest code?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just pull the lower radiator hose on the radiator side. Gets it over with quickly and I always felt the rapid flow helped flush debris over through the petcock. Then run water through the radiator to flush it out a little more.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts