Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 GT350
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

Someone sent me this video of a modified exhaust on a Mustang. In Seattle that noise would get you a ticket very fast. I turn my GT350 out of sport mode sound whenever I go downtown to ensure no cops.

anyway, like to hear your thoughts on this exhaust- I don't think it's street legal...

·
Registered
2014 GT500
475 Posts
The following is just one old (51 yrs) man’s opinion on this new trend of uber-loud cars...........

I hate that shit! I think the noises coming from these new cars is fake and obnoxious.
The Charger/Challenger exhaust sound is horrific and as much as I hate to admit it, the 2020 GT500 is too ****ing loud, too and I can’t get behind the different sound modes.....it‘s too showy and attention-grabbing for me.

I might be slightly biased, but I think the 13-14’s have just the right sound with a not-over-the-top volume to the exhaust, although I wouldn‘t mind if it were just a touch quieter at WOT.

I have always been a fan of the exhaust sound/volume of the ’86 GT 5.0.......just glorious.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,876 Posts
The following is just one old (51 yrs) man’s opinion on this new trend of uber-loud cars...........

I hate that shit! I think the noises coming from these new cars is fake and obnoxious.
The Charger/Challenger exhaust sound is horrific and as much as I hate to admit it, the 2020 GT500 is too ****ing loud, too and I can’t get behind the different sound modes.....it‘s too showy and attention-grabbing for me.

I might be slightly biased, but I think the 13-14’s have just the right sound with a not-over-the-top volume to the exhaust, although I wouldn‘t mind if it were just a touch quieter at WOT.

I have always been a fan of the exhaust sound/volume of the ’86 GT 5.0.......just glorious.
You make some valid points! I also felt that Ford hit a home run with the 13/14 GT500's exhaust note. I thought mine was perfect! I do like the sport mode sound on my GT350 but when I leave early for a Cars & Coffee event, my neighbors appreciate the normal mode I use when driving out of the neighborhood!

·
Registered
2014 GT500
475 Posts
You make some valid points! I also felt that Ford hit a home run with the 13/14 GT500's exhaust note. I thought mine was perfect! I do like the sport mode sound on my GT350 but when I leave early for a Cars & Coffee event, my neighbors appreciate the normal mode I use when driving out of the neighborhood!
Thanks, Mike. Which do you prefer, the sound of your former GT500 or the GT350?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Loud and good are not the same thing. I still would like to put headers on the GT350 just because of the change in tone it makes, but I would only do it with matched resonators and mufflers.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
2,008 Posts
After the “Buy the Merch” part there was almost 8 minutes of stupid.
FYI: I did not watch the whole clip.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
393 Posts
I would say stupid for the overwhelming need for attention. However, I love a loud V8! That thing sounds great! I dont do loud for anyone but myself. I don't care what anyone else thinks about what my car sounds like. I get 1 of 3 reactions. 1) "Its too loud." To which I reply, "guess it's a good things its not yours then." 2) "Little **** syndrome." My response is "Indeed." 3) The most common, "That thing sounds great, mean, nasty, monstrous, ect." My response is "Thank you" and a blip. To each their own I guess.

·
Registered
2017 GT350
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've noticed a lot of kids have the GT - very affordable and tons of power. Thus explaining why the Mustang is the number one selling sports car in the world...

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've noticed a lot of kids have the GT - very affordable and tons of power. Thus explaining why the Mustang is the number one selling sports car in the world...
Absolutely and with the price of the 5.0 s197 going down, its easier to afford a very good platform to build some serious power.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
393 Posts
whip in a SC and you got 700 plus ponies...
Mighty large s/c on even the '14 s197 for 700 plus. They only had like 460 crank. Still, its doable.

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
After the “Buy the Merch” part there was almost 8 minutes of stupid.
FYI: I did not watch the whole clip.
X2

I would say stupid for the overwhelming need for attention. However, I love a loud V8! That thing sounds great! I dont do loud for anyone but myself. I don't care what anyone else thinks about what my car sounds like. I get 1 of 3 reactions. 1) "Its too loud." To which I reply, "guess it's a good things its not yours then." 2) "Little **** syndrome." My response is "Indeed." 3) The most common, "That thing sounds great, mean, nasty, monstrous, ect." My response is "Thank you" and a blip. To each their own I guess.
X2. If I could just find loud and not annoying -- ahh, the nirvana.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts