Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the top on my 2007 vert replaced under a Ford TSB. As with most dealers, the actual replacement work was contracted out to a speciality store...When I got the car back and put the top down for the first time the top material covering the front panel (the material behind the rear seat that is exposed when the top is down) was lose and fluttered in the wind...even at low speed. Has anyone had a top replaced and suffered this problem...I know that this did not happen prior to the work nor did it happen on my 05 GT (whichha d a vinyl top)...Any thoughts?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Had the top on my 2007 vert replaced under a Ford TSB. As with most dealers, the actual replacement work was contracted out to a speciality store...When I got the car back and put the top down for the first time the top material covering the front panel (the material behind the rear seat that is exposed when the top is down) was lose and fluttered in the wind...even at low speed. Has anyone had a top replaced and suffered this problem...I know that this did not happen prior to the work nor did it happen on my 05 GT (whichha d a vinyl top)...Any thoughts?
I didn't know there was a TSB on the top. could you post the TSB#

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I beleive it impacted only 2007 models..here is the TSB:
CONVERTIBLE TOP WEAR—BUILT BEFORE TSB 07-19-1
10/11/2006
FORD:
2005-2007 Mustang
This article supersedes TSB 06-22-16 to update the WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of
Parts List. New Vehicle Limited
Warranty Coverage
ISSUE IMPORTANT: Warranty
Some 2005-2007 Mustang vehicles built before coverage limits/policies are
10/11/2006 and equipped with a convertible top not altered by a TSB.
could develop wear or a hole near the 4th bow Warranty coverage limits
and/or number 1 bow area. This is caused by the are determined by the
number 1 and number 4 bow wearing or pinching identified causal part.
through the vinyl or cloth top. OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
071901A 2005-2007 Mustang 4.4 Hrs.
ACTION Convertible: Replace
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the Convertible Top Cover
condition. Includes Time To Install
Tether Straps, And To SERVICE PROCEDURE
Remove And Install Top
1. Install a new convertible top cover. Assembly (Do Not Use
With 52700A, 53000A)
2. Install two (2) tether straps. DEALER CODING
CONDITION
3. Add tape to the number 1 bow panel following
BASIC PART NO. CODE
the instruction sheet provided in the Convertible
7652700 30
Top Kit.
PART NUMBER PART NAME
7R3Z-76539B40-BA Convertible Top Kit - (Black Vinyl)
7R3Z-76539B40-BB Convertible Top Kit - (Camel Vinyl)
7R3Z-76539B40-AD Convertible Top Kit - (Black Cloth)
NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do
the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper
vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers”. Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or

1 - 4 of 4 Posts