Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 SHELBY GT 500 convertible, and the rear window is starting to let go from the canvas top. I think this is something i can fix myself, but wanted to touch base with you all and not make any mistakes given that i love this car!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,603 Posts
I have a 2008 SHELBY GT 500 convertible, and the rear window is starting to let go from the canvas top. I think this is something i can fix myself, but wanted to touch base with you all and not make any mistakes given that i love this car!
Welcome to the forum! Sorry for your vert window problem. Please post a pic to show how bad it is.

Also, if you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I fixed mine with a fine bead of Gorilla glue. Be very careful with it to make sure it doesn't get on the exposed part of the window. I ran a line of masking tape around the edge to make sure. It's been on for 4 years and is still holding.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
Found an auto upholstery shop that re-sealed inside and out and fixed some of the leather inside for $200 cash.
Glad you got it resolved for not too much $!

We’d love to see pics! You can use the 1st or 4th icons in your reply window to upload pics directly to the forum.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
Great pics! The car looks fabulous!

Any shots that show the problem before and after?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts