Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get a contract drawn up for a shelby.
He put the order in already. I told him that I wanted something else in writing that would state the price and that I would get that car even if they got a beter offer.

Can someone tell me what I ask the dealer to do as far as that goes and what I should have in it?
Do I just tell him I want a contract that will lock the price and state that I get that car even if they get a better offer or is there more I should put in there?
I know some of you have done contracts and I just want to make sure I am covered.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You may want to have it contain language regarding their Shelby allocation. I have been hearing on some other sites that the dealer could always re-nig by telling the customer they just can't get another car (after they sold all of them to the highest bidders!)...If you know up front what their allocations is, I would try like hell to get something in writing stating what number your order is based on their allocation and if they just happen to 'run out of cars' that they will locate another car for you at their expense. Kinda a longshot, I know...but worth asking for. Be sure to have the GM or Sales Mgr. sign it!! GOOD LUCK...:)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
stangsrule said:
I am about to get a contract drawn up for a shelby.
He put the order in already. I told him that I wanted something else in writing that would state the price and that I would get that car even if they got a beter offer.

Can someone tell me what I ask the dealer to do as far as that goes and what I should have in it?
Do I just tell him I want a contract that will lock the price and state that I get that car even if they get a better offer or is there more I should put in there?
I know some of you have done contracts and I just want to make sure I am covered.

Thanks all.
One of the keys is to have the Sales MANAGER sign it...not just a salesperson. Also may want to clarify what is considered INSIDE MSRP and what is not. If your contract is for $5k over MSRP...does MSRP include gas guzzler tax, cert fees, destination, etc?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts