Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am considering selling my 2007 GT500. Just curious what people think is the best way to unload it?

-38k miles
-Mechanically sound
-Mods: Cold Air, Exhaust, Sound System
-Minor Cosmetic Defects

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,370 Posts
Hello,

I am considering selling my 2007 GT500. Just curious what people think is the best way to unload it?

-38k miles
-Mechanically sound
-Mods: Cold Air, Exhaust, Sound System
-Minor Cosmetic Defects
Welcome to the forum! Sorry your first post here is about selling your car.

I recommend placing ads in the free forums like this one. Also hit FB Marketplace and any other free listings you can find (like car gurus). Make sure to clean the car and engine bay real well, take a bunch of well-lit pictures and include a location in your ad.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum! Sorry your first post here is about selling your car.

I recommend placing ads in the free forums like this one. Also hit FB Marketplace and any other free listings you can find (like car gurus). Make sure to clean the car and engine bay real well, take a bunch of well-lit pictures and include a location in your ad.

Good luck!
The car has been fun and I am not trying to use this site to sell the car. I was more just curious what people think about selling cars like these.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
The car has been fun and I am not trying to use this site to sell the car. I was more just curious what people think about selling cars like these.
You are more than welcomed to post an ad here:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I sold my 2007 Shelby on ebay - make sure you have GOOD pics! I also used a YouTube video as well. Like Tim said - promote it WIDE using all the free social media site as well as this one, good luck!

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
6,677 Posts
Detail the dog-snot out of it, inside and out, take a bunch of high-quality photos, and then free-forums, eBay, Autotrader.com , etc..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
I sold my 2007 Shelby on ebay - make sure you have GOOD pics! I also used a YouTube video as well. Like Tim said - promote it WIDE using all the free social media site as well as this one, good luck!
This!

I just sold my 2020 GT500 today from a video on YouTube. It wasn’t even a sale video. I posted my clear bra/ceramic/tint video and pinned a comment that I’ll be selling the car. I was contacted shortly thereafter and we have a sale.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This!

I just sold my 2020 GT500 today from a video on YouTube. It wasn’t even a sale video. I posted my clear bra/ceramic/tint video and pinned a comment that I’ll be selling the car. I was contacted shortly thereafter and we have a sale.
What!?!?! You sold your 2020 Tim?

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
What!?!?! You sold your 2020 Tim?
Kind of... I still have it and will drive it sparingly. The buyer wants it in Mayish. He knows I’ll drive it. He will receive it with less than 500 miles on the clock.

Reactions: dcastine

·
Registered
56 Posts
As far as selling your car goes, the 2007, all I can say since I was just a buyer not that long ago. Since it is not all that low in terms of mileage, very good, but not a 10k mileage vehicle you are entering into a very aggressive market, as such not only will detailing as already mentioned be critical but sorry but so will price. If you are asking for the moon chances are you will have it for a long time, still for sale, also if you take the time to research what others are asking in your immediate area, 2 to 3 states around and price it aggressively it will sell. Make sure you have all of the records and documentation to prove when called upon. Otherwise in my opinion it will still be for sale for awhile. There is a buyer for everything, price starts the interest, condition, maintenance docs all make it deliver...

·
Registered
2019 GT350
653 Posts
Kind of... I still have it and will drive it sparingly. The buyer wants it in Mayish. He knows I’ll drive it. He will receive it with less than 500 miles on the clock.
What!!! Did I miss a post? You keep talking about how awesome the 2020 is! What prompted the sale?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,936 Posts
I've known about this for days and keeping the secret has made me constipated! Yes, folks, Timmy is getting a carbon copy of his current 2020 GT500 but this one will have the $18,500.00 Carbon Fiber Track Pack that he lusted for in the beginning. The golden ticket eagle finally landed in Tim's lap.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
Oof! That depreciation hit must be painful!
Actually the opposite. I got an offer for more than I paid for it yesterday. It helped that I bought #1 at MSRP.

·
Premium Member
6,677 Posts
There is currently no such thing as depreciation on 2020 GT500's..

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Metallic w/White racing stripes
604 Posts
@Goose17 I am both stoked and bummed for you. The way you discussed it was darn near poetic. I am excited you are now able to get exactly what you want, but may I suggest white stripes instead like my ‘14, because you know...I am a PUBLIC school teacher and that means you get tax deductions for donating anything, with a simple letter from me. ??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts