Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,580 Posts
Looks like 37" tires too

·
Premium Member
2021 Antimatter Blue
142 Posts
If this is true, and I can get one, I'm getting one. I've wanted a raptor for years. I would even trade the '21 GT500 and buy a cheaper SVT project Cobra. I was going to wait until the market dropped and buy a 2nd Gen raptor with a big kenne bell for giggles but the market went Turded.

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,704 Posts
Looks like 37" tires too
hope they are wider than 10”

but I know FoMoCo will let the aftermarket provide man tires for their trucks.

Reactions: GT500FREAK

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,580 Posts
hope they are wider than 10”

but I know FoMoCo will let the aftermarket provide man tires for their trucks.
If I zoom in on it, it looks like it says 37 x 12.5

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base Rapid Red
124 Posts
It's about time!

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Heritage/CFTP on order. Currently a 2016 Shelby F-150, in the past many vintage Shelbys.
35 Posts
Disappointing, I was hoping to replace my 2016 Shelby F-150 with this, but this engine is just not as good as the Godzilla for low end torque and towing. Guess I will wait and see if they ever supercharge the Godzilla and put it in an F-150.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Disappointing, I was hoping to replace my 2016 Shelby F-150 with this, but this engine is just not as good as the Godzilla for low end torque and towing. Guess I will wait and see if they ever supercharge the Godzilla and put it in an F-150.
Honestly, I don't know how Shelby will be able to sell another unit with this 5.2L Raptor on the market. It's a whole 'nother level..

And if towing is a primary concern, F250 or F350 Powerstroke is the best equipment.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Those trucks are too big and hard to park and handle, and I will never buy a Diesel engine in anything. Those are worse than electric junk.
You apparently don't do any serious/frequent heavy towing. I do. And they're really not all that much bigger than the truck you've already got.

Towing with a gasoline-burner means crap-loads more stops for fuel, and mechanical longevity is roughly half for the engine. Been there done that.

I'm admittedly slanted in my views though, because I view trucks as tools to do jobs with, otherwise I'd never once sit behind the wheel of one. As performance vehicles go, modern performance trucks are like trying to barrel race with a Hippo. It's a spectacle, but it's still the slowest time in the ring by a longshot.

The last great Ford performance truck was the 2nd-gen Lightning (which I luckily have one). After that, they're all porkers.

But I do admire the Raptor, because it also represents a brilliant tool for certain jobs. Those being off-road. So, much respect there. Only problem is, most owners never get off the pavement to play.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Heritage/CFTP on order. Currently a 2016 Shelby F-150, in the past many vintage Shelbys.
35 Posts
No, I only tow two or three times a year, taking my cars to judging meets around the country. My Shelby has a 36 gallon tank and gets about 10 mpg when towing, so that is plenty of range. The rest of the time I want a sports truck I can take into the mountains for hunting and fishing, lots of clearance when my county road is a river, that doesn't smoke, smell, has great acceleration (the 700HP is pretty impressive), and doesn't have multiple batteries or have trouble starting in below zero temps.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
No, I only tow two or three times a year, taking my cars to judging meets around the country. My Shelby has a 36 gallon tank and gets about 10 mpg when towing, so that is plenty of range. The rest of the time I want a sports truck I can take into the mountains for hunting and fishing, lots of clearance when my county road is a river, that doesn't smoke, smell, has great acceleration (the 700HP is pretty impressive), and doesn't have multiple batteries or have trouble starting in below zero temps.
If that 10 mpg is with an enclosed trailer, that's pretty darned good. My powerstroke averages 12 mpg. But it doesn't smoke, doesn't smell, and starts just dandy in the uber-cold (although it's rare that I'm towing to a show during the cold times of year).

All that smoky smelly sooty crap is the tuner crap. I run a stock truck for towing.

Sounds like you're using your truck for proper truck purposes though. :)

I have a gas-swilling Dodge pickup, but I only twist the key when I need to haul something from Lowe's, or to the dump, truck stuff. Otherwise, it's a truck... I'm not interested in cruising it around town LOL. I think I've amassed 19K miles in 16 years, she's still "new"!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have 49K miles on mine, and yes that is towing an enclosed trailer. I might check into a diesel, but I just see so many on the road that are loud, smelly, and smoky. I really like how this truck looks, rides (soft with that off-road suspension upgrade), and it looks as good hauling trash to the county dump as it does towing an award
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Cloud
winning car.......

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I have 49K miles on mine, and yes that is towing an enclosed trailer. I might check into a diesel, but I just see so many on the road that are loud, smelly, and smoky. I really like how this truck looks, rides (soft with that off-load suspension upgrade), and it looks as good hauling trash to the county dump as it does towing an award View attachment 236270 winning car.......
Ahhh... Towing a light/little Corvette, that's cheating.. LOL.. No wonder the mileage is good. ;)

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
605 Posts
Your diesel experience sounds like it’s from over 20 years ago. My 2019 6.7 diesel F250 exhaust has no smell and zero smoke. It accelerates to 60 in the 6 second range and starts instantly in the winter, at worst after a 10 second wait when it’s absolutely frigid. It’s not nearly as fast as our 600 HP modded Raptor, but it’s perfectly adequate for traffic and excels in hauling all the equipment I can stuff in it and driving long distances in quiet comfort. It even has ass massagers. Lol I get about 16-17 MPG towing 8000 pounds or so.

·
Registered
2021 gt 500
109 Posts
Your diesel experience sounds like it’s from over 20 years ago. My 2019 6.7 diesel F250 exhaust has no smell and zero smoke. It accelerates to 60 in the 6 second range and starts instantly in the winter, at worst after a 10 second wait when it’s absolutely frigid. It’s not nearly as fast as our 600 HP modded Raptor, but it’s perfectly adequate for traffic and excels in hauling all the equipment I can stuff in it and driving long distances in quiet comfort. It even has ass massagers. Lol I get about 16-17 MPG towing 8000 pounds or so.
I can't agree with you more, I've had 26 power strokes, in my 2022 coming back from Raleigh just dropped off a car, 17.3 mpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's pretty impressive MPG for towing, but how well does it accelerate up hills, I have a lot of those around my place.

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT-500 Performance White with Vista Blue LeMans and Side Stripes
1,017 Posts
On the topic of towing, we towed my father in law's 15000+lb Formula from Boca Raton to Toronto 2 weeks ago. Just under 1500 miles (2400 kms) in our F250.
Averaged about 22.5 L/100kms or about 10.5mpg. Would have never done that in a gas truck

1 - 20 of 41 Posts