Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ford SVT dealer that I used to take delivery of my '07 Shelby told me that the on-board computer was set to require 50 starts by the ignition before it released the full power to the engine. They said it was the same control they put on the Ford GT's to prevent the dealers and service tech's from running the pee out of them prior to delivery to the customer.

Has anyone else heard of this????

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
The Ford SVT dealer that I used to take delivery of my '07 Shelby told me that the on-board computer was set to require 50 starts by the ignition before it released the full power to the engine. They said it was the same control they put on the Ford GT's to prevent the dealers and service tech's from running the pee out of them prior to delivery to the customer.

This has been discussed in previous threads and it refers to full boost. For the first five miles or 50 ignition starts the boost is limited, I believe, to three pounds of boost. If you already have five miles on you car you should have full boost.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts

It is also mandatory and in the PDI for Shelby to disconnect the negative battery cable for a minimum of 10 seconds. I say 10 minutes then hook up cable and turn key on on without starting engine then turn key off.

If you start car without a on off first you will have to start over.

This will properly re-set the computer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts