Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EXTERIOR PAINT (AND STRIPE COLORS)

Torch Red Clearcoat (with Performance White or Satin Silver stripes)
Alloy Clearcoat Metallic (with Satin Silver or Tungsten stripes)
Vista Blue Clearcoat (with Performance White or Tungsten stripes)
Performance White Clearcoat (with Vista Blue or Tungsten stripes)
Tungsten Grey Clearcoat (with Satin Silver stripes only)
Valencia Yellow (with Tungsten stripes only)
Ebony Clearcoat (with Performance White or Tungsten stripes)

Taken from http://www.svt.ford.com/gt500/index.html

How do you want your GT500?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I wish you could get the blue on white with a blue/white leather interior. I love the two tone interior, but it won't go with the blue exterior...so I'm leaning towards silver with black stripes, and red interior.

·
Registered
7 Posts
From the SVT site:

"Two interior color treatments are available, charcoal black and charcoal black with crimson red seat inserts and door trim panels. A GT500 Performance Interior Trim Package is optional. It features a leather-wrapped and stitched instrument panel brow and center console, upgraded door armrests and aluminum pedal covers."

Wish they'd have went with an available white interior.

Another thing I noticed, the SHELBY across the trunk lid was large letters evenly speced across the trunk deck, now the release pics are showing the SHELBY logo alot smaller and bunched up on the left corner. Horrible choice IMHO....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry...but what is a tungsten strip in colour? Please post a picture link or explain?

·
Registered
100 Posts
If it were me, I'd like Torch Red w/Black stripes. But seeing as my Dad is choosing the colors, its likely going to be Vista Blue w/Performance White striping.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zip said:
Any pix anywhere of "Alloy Clearcoat Metallic"?
Called SVT and asked about "Alloy Clearcoat Metallic". I was told that it is a dark grey. Darker than Tungsten grey. Can't say I would have thought of alloy as a dark grey but that's what the man said.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have yet to see one of these cars up close, only in photos. Can anyone tell me whether the stripes (over the roof, trunk and hood) on the coupe are painted or are the vinyl?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
It's not called Valencia yellow any more,it's Grabber orange.Same color different name

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
These are vinyl stripes.It was too costly to paint them on.Labor costs,conveyor cycle time and more paint.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
07 SHELBY said:
It's not called Valencia yellow any more,it's Grabber orange.Same color different name
Are you sure its not a different color all together? I was told that Valencia is closer to what was used on the GTR.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Yes I am sure.I asked PPG at the plant why they dropped Valencia Yellow they laughed and said Ford just changed the name to Grabber Orange and pointed to the bumper sitting on the floor.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Actually I think this color is very close to the "70" Boss.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts