Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I was washing my car I wondered why all of us picked the color of car that we have, so the question is why did you pick that color if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
235 Posts
While I had several color combinations that would have been suitable, my choice was dictated by the fact that I could buy a vert at MSRP at a time when they were bringing $5K ADMs. And the one that was available at MSRP was black.

I really liked the black GT500, it looked mean. So when I found out about a Red Stripe car being available, I jumped on it. I'm a sucker for rarity. It, too, was black. I guess I was destined to have a black GT500.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your story sounds great.:pimp:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The Grabber Orange is a bright color, that you hardly ever see. I like how it pops in the evening and under dusk and changes color during the daytime sunlight.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The 1st Lady likes blue. What else can I say? :cowtounge:

·
Registered
68 Posts
My top three choices were blue, red and black. I thought red was a bit too common. After having a black cobra, didn't want to deal with maintaining a black car anymore. Gotta say black is very sexy when clean, but hard to keep it that way. My top choice was the Vista Blue. I love it! Just put the Zanio wax on it the other day and it looks great.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
The Grabber Orange is a bright color, that thankfully you hardly ever see. I like how it poops in the evening and under dusk and blends into the pumpkin patch at Halloween.
:ack:

:bandit:

·
Registered
298 Posts
While I was washing my car I wondered why all of us picked the color of car that we have, so the question is why did you pick that color if you don't mind me asking?
I ordered mine in Performance White with Vista Blue Stripes because of seeing them "yesteryear" as I remember it....Though my heart is longing for Ford to produce a new Shelby GT500 in Legend Lime Green with Black Stripes.. :lookaround:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I really like the color red on a Mustang.Every Mustang I have owned has been red.I really long for a black Boss with gold trim.Blue is awesome too.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I really like the color red on a Mustang.Every Mustang I have owned has been red.I really long for a black Boss with gold trim.Blue is awesome too.
What about white, Fred? Don't you like white, too? I like white!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
What about white, Fred? Don't you like white, too? I like white!

I like them all.I just like some better than others.Now quit putting me on the spot like that.:info-smilie:

·
Registered
888 Posts
I like them all, too! Especially the white! Every once in awhile someone will accidently arrange for a white one to be built on a special date!

·
Registered
861 Posts
When I the 2005 body style first came out I seen a White GT with Red Stripes and loved it. Thought is looked really good. That is why I Picked my color combo.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Could have ordered any color....it was a hard choice. But when I think of a Shelby, I think of Red with white stripes....all of the pre-production and proto-type marketing ads where....red with white stripes. I love red....so red it was. The omly other color that would have really tempted would have been highland green with white stripes............

·
Registered
267 Posts
I love the way the red/white stands out... IMO stands for pure muscle... Not knocking any of the other colors.. I just liked red the best.. Just my $.02

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I wanted the classic Shelby colors and besides, everyone knows their the fastest.:cowtounge: :bandit:

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
My top two choices were black and blue. I showed both colors to my son and he liked the black better so I went with black. I would have been happy with either color, although I do like that I was able to order the red inserts for the interior as it looks sharp with the black exterior. I do agree that black is tough to keep clean.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I would have taken red, white, or blue. It just happened that red was the first to come up at the price I wanted to pay ($2000 below sticker). I really like the black with red stripe vert that Jon got but I've had 2 black cars and swore I'd never own another...to hot and hard to keep clean.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts