Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking seriously of replacing my stock GT350 air intake with an after market cold air intake for a little more horsepower and deeper sound. Interested in anyone's experience or opinion on the subject. Considering K&N without tuning and JCT PMAS with tuning. Any comments welcomed.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,273 Posts
Anything that requires no tuning = waste of money.
Larger CAI, T/B, & headers = a complete thought, CAI by itself, not so much.
Don't have a PMAS, looks to be a quality product, but stuck using " their " filter..
Not a fan of plastic MAF/ intakes.
My opinion..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just heard today from LMR, one of the internet high performance parts dealers and the representative claimed K&N is discontinuing the cold air intake for the newer GT350's and that is why LMR is selling the last one in their inventory for about $100 under list. Personally, I had three problems with K&N's cold air intake solution. First, they utilize a very small air filter when compared to the stock one meaning more periodic cleanings. Second, the aluminum intake tube. Aluminum transfers heat 10X better than plastic meaning the air going into the throttle body is warmed maybe even hot from the intake tube. Not good. Thirdly, they do a poor job of isolating the hot engine air from the fresh air intake with their designed plastic housing where their small filter rests. Maybe K&N is redesigning the cold air intake kit for the GT350.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts