Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard if this is still going on and if so when and where they are going to have it? I know back in Dec was the last one at Classic BMW but have not heard of a new location/date as of yet.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,260 Posts
Has anyone heard if this is still going on and if so when and where they are going to have it? I know back in Dec was the last one at Classic BMW but have not heard of a new location/date as of yet.
I haven’t been to this meet in years. It’s a long drive for me and a crazy-early get up to secure a spot. I just checked Facebook and it sounds like the BMW dealership that hosted it got tired of idiots doing idiotic things. It looks like a new location has not been decided on yet, but in the meantime, the Fort Worth side Cars and Coffee was moved awhile back to the Texas Motors Speedway... it’s a nice gathering with a ton of space.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,260 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I'm with Goose. I haven't been to the Dallas one in years. It got out of control to the point that even showing up super early to secure a spot they were turning away cars. I didn't like they were being selective of who can park when making the effort to be there no later than 7am. Another reason I stopped going is I just couldn't enjoy it. I had to sit there and baby sit my car the entire time because of so many disrespectful and inconsiderate patrons. Parents not controlling their kids and pets. Teenagers acting like asshats, etc etc.

Now the Cowtown event is the complete opposite. Tons of space. You can show up whenever and not get turned away. The crowd is different with far less undesirables.

Both venues are a drive for me coming from Grand Prairie. But if I get that wild hair, I choose to make the trek to Cowtown.

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
4,369 Posts
There is a new meet at Nebraska Furniture Mart in The Colony. I believe its the second Sunday each month. It starts at 7am till 10am. It’s open to all vehicles. Austin Maness has gotten a spot for all Mustangs. Last Sunday I went for my first time. It was freezing but there was still probably 200 plus cars there. They charge 5.00 to get in. They had a couple of door prize drawings and there is a DJ playing music. It was fun and there are some really cool cars to see. If the weather had been warmer it would have been much better. Austin has been trying to get more Mustang/Shelby folks to come out. Last Sunday there were 60 Mustangs and Shelbys there. You should come out and meet him. He goes to no less then 4 car related gatherings every weekend. Anyway the event is listed on the Park Up Front app. You join on the app and pay the 5.00 through it or you can pay at the entrance. The Park up front app has tons of listings for car meets. They are listed by date. Not all are in our area. Austin drives a Super Snake. He is a member here but doesn’t post often. Also if you are interested in meeting up with other Mustang enthusiast go to facebook and search Muscle Mustangs Dallas. Suzy Walker is the admin/president of the club. We have many gatherings and shows we attend. It’s a fun down to earth group. Suzy posts all events on the FB page. Austin is a member as well as I am on this page. If you are looking for some car related fun, this group is a good one for you. Mustangs of all models and years belong and I have really enjoyed being in the club.

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
4,369 Posts
To anyone in the DFW area, I would gladly set up a lunch for us to meet too. I used to do this occasionally, but I got busy with other life things and haven’t tried to get everyone together in some time. Normally I would have it at Bone Daddy’s in Grapevine. It seemed to be the more central location for all in the DFW area. Anyway if anyone in the area is interested I can try to set something up. Just need several to show an interest in doing it. Let me know!

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
To anyone in the DFW area, I would gladly set up a lunch for us to meet too. I used to do this occasionally, but I got busy with other life things and haven’t tried to get everyone together in some time. Normally I would have it at Bone Daddy’s in Grapevine. It seemed to be the more central location for all in the DFW area. Anyway if anyone in the area is interested I can try to set something up. Just need several to show an interest in doing it. Let me know!
Of course I'd be interested, although I'd have to show up in my LOWLY 99 GT....LOL

I've done it before, won't stop me in the future.

Maybe some of the GROUP would let us know when they are planning to go to the TMS get together too!

Good to hear from you @SuziQ

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I'll be trying to join more of them this year when it warms up as well.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,260 Posts
Are they having the car show at Nebraska Furniture Mart this Sunday? I can't seem to find any new postings about it online.
Just texted my local Super Snake buddy and he said the show is a go this Sunday. I won’t be able to join once again... hopefully soon!

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
4,369 Posts
Austin usually has an area set up for all Mustangs. It is normally right in front of the coverd parking garage.

·
Registered
324 Posts
C&C at TMS tomorrow. They are suppose to be letting people do laps on the track at the end of the event. We will be there, cameras ready!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts