Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just wanted to share with the member here how happy I am this morning. I just got my car back from Manhattan Ford yesterday, they had my car for 2 days and preformed the TSB on the clutch. Its like driving a whole new and different car. The clutch pedal is soft and shifting is very smooth. After reading about some of the nightmare stories that some people experienced, I would real recommend these guys ask for “ Mustang Mike” this guy knows his stuff. :banana_hitit:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm in northern NJ.....manhattan ford huh??. I'm not so sure i'd even consider taking my car across the bridge EVER...lol

But congrats

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine is not showing any of the "signs" of needing the TSB done, and the Dealership said they were not going to do it unless it did. Are all of yours showing signs? or just getting it done?? My warrenty is up in mid June of this year and would love to have this done so no $$ to me later... :thinkerg:

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
I'm in northern NJ.....manhattan ford huh??. I'm not so sure i'd even consider taking my car across the bridge EVER...lol

But congrats

Ehh...I'm back and forth from Queens to Northern NJ ALOT....my dealer is in Butler...lol....no biggie.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine is not showing any of the "signs" of needing the TSB done, and the Dealership said they were not going to do it unless it did. Are all of yours showing signs? or just getting it done?? My warrenty is up in mid June of this year and would love to have this done so no $$ to me later... :thinkerg:
The clutgh would chatter, especially in reverse. The flywhee was made of nodular iron instead of nickel as in 2010. The flywheel would rust up and cause these problems. Many tsb's about this problem. See your dealer and see what you can do.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The clutgh would chatter, especially in reverse. The flywhee was made of nodular iron instead of nickel as in 2010. The flywheel would rust up and cause these problems. Many tsb's about this problem. See your dealer and see what you can do.
Clutch chatter doesn't have dick to do with the TSB. Good for you that you could talk the dealership into doing it for you, but ton't tell others that it's a valid reason because you're just setting them up for disappointment.

Rust on the nodular iron flywheel has nothing to do with clutch chatter either, as 09's that were built with the updated clutch and flywheel still have clutch chatter. The 2010 clutch is being installed on TSB cars now and it does not have the chatter issue (different clutch design).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts