Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08 shelby gt500 vert.....build date was 09/07......it has only 3,900 miles on it.....and it seems the clutch is already starting to slip.....first and second gear seem to pull fine, but when i get to 3rd, it seems to accelerate slower than in second......car has never been to the track or beaten on.....also, gear shifts are sometimes notchy and not as smooth as lets say shifting into 5th or 6th......also, the clutch seems to catch pretty high up, and it fairly easy to push in.......does anyone else have these similar problems? i know theres a tsb out for this, but not sure if my car qualifies for that......and does anyone know of a trusted dealership i can take it around orlando, florida? i dont want them to give me the runaround and tell me theres nothing wrong with it, i paid good money for this car, and want the problem fixed asap, any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
658 Posts
i have an 08 shelby gt500 vert.....build date was 09/07......it has only 3,900 miles on it.....and it seems the clutch is already starting to slip.....first and second gear seem to pull fine, but when i get to 3rd, it seems to accelerate slower than in second......car has never been to the track or beaten on.....also, gear shifts are sometimes notchy and not as smooth as lets say shifting into 5th or 6th......also, the clutch seems to catch pretty high up, and it fairly easy to push in.......does anyone else have these similar problems? i know theres a tsb out for this, but not sure if my car qualifies for that......and does anyone know of a trusted dealership i can take it around orlando, florida? i dont want them to give me the runaround and tell me theres nothing wrong with it, i paid good money for this car, and want the problem fixed asap, any info would be greatly appreciated
Mine was built in September 07, I received a new clutch, flywheel and complete transmission @ 4000 miles. Sounds like the same scenario to me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i talked to justin at vmp tuning, and he recommended i talk to kent over at gary yeomens ford in daytona.....talked to him today, and have scheduled my car in on monday to get everything fixed.....no hassles or questions asked, there just going to fix it, which im very surprised, as they usually want to drive it and wait till its about to fully crap out, will keep everyone posted how everything goes, says they will need it 3 days

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Good luck.

There's a red GT500 at my dealership that's been up on a lift for over a week now with the transmision sitting on the floor. I asked the service manager what was going on with it and he said it was a worn clutch and the car only had 21K miles on it. I asked him if it could possibly be the TSB (i.e. warped flywheel causing the clutch wear) and he said no. He said they had a Ford engineer look at it and it wasn't due to the flywheel.

Kinda sucks, I feel bad for the owner and while the SM said that he was "trying to help the guy out", it didn't seem that way to me. How can a clutch be gone at 21K miles?

·
Registered
121 Posts
depends on how its driven someone can burn a clutch in as little as 5,000 miles,so 21k miles very possible just worn out from wearing out.good luck with your repair please keep us posted

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Local SM told me about another Shelby that was in for clutch problems and he said it wasn't the TSB.

He said that guy went with a diff flywheel, clutch & pressure plate. They had a larger diameter. SM said the guy provided the parts.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
hey snake doc, is your shelby's supercharger whine alot more noticeable with the intake/tune?
My perception is that it is some louder (not a lot) and the CAI & tune made a noticeable difference in performance (for the good!).

Haven't Dyno'd so don't have any numbers but my calibrated butt says there's more HP & Torque than we started with! :rofl:

This is my 1st "modern" muscle car so other than the JLT CAI w/Evo Tune I have no experience, but also no complaints with either. :pimp:

·
Registered
83 Posts
hey snake doc, is your shelby's supercharger whine alot more noticeable with the intake/tune?
I have the evo stage II kit and I notice the whine a little more and also notice that the whine starts earlier then befor the mods. I assume it is the smaller pulley causing the whine to start up at a lesser rpm.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dealership in daytona called me a couple days ago, apprarently the parts are on backorder, and wont have them in till august 14th, which is pretty lame

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine don't come in until August 21! This has been going on since May 10th!:mofo::mofo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts