Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,718 Posts
Good quick reaction!

Nice to have the Blackvue cameras running in case there was contact and a dispute about what transpired.

Reactions: Daves500 and Evolvd

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good quick reaction!

Nice to have the Blackvue cameras running in case there was contact and a dispute about what transpired.
Exactly what I told my wife when I told her I was buying it! I showed her the video and said “this is why” lol

·
Registered
2009 Alloy Metallic Gt500
180 Posts
Nice reaction time! Most people aren’t anticipating things like this happening and are oblivious while driving. Seems like I have a close call every time I’m behind the wheel these days. Glad you were quick on the controls.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
768 Posts
Barely missed this jackwagon not bothering to actually check his surroundings before jumping into my lane.

That was close. I have dashcams in all my vehicles for that exact reason. I wouldn’t be able to post that video if it happened to me though. It would be rated NC17 for my gestures and cussing. Lol

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was close. I have dashcams in all my vehicles for that exact reason. I wouldn’t be able to post that video if it happened to me though. It would be rated NC17 for my gestures and cussing. Lol
Oh trust me, there was plenty of gestures that you don’t see on film. This person pulled into a left turn lane a little bit further down the road and I made sure they knew they were number one in my book.

• Haha
Reactions: HVCalTech

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,756 Posts
The Germans have it right. It's always a bit of a chance when passing on the right either in town or on the highway! Glad you ducked the bullet! The driver did signal as he made the lane change! LOL!

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
740 Posts
Daily occurrence here in Jacksonville. This is why I'm in the truck 90% of the time.

I chuckle at how they just run away from you out of embarrassment, cutting other people off in the process.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,132 Posts
I'm probably dodging, avoiding, braking, or doing something else to avoid an idiot most days. And then I'm the one getting flipped off when I give them a horn to let them know that there's another vehicle really close by.
Some days I wish I had a nice supply of junkers that I could drive and just plow thru them rather than using my most excellent defensive driving skills.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm probably dodging, avoiding, braking, or doing something else to avoid an idiot most days. And then I'm the one getting flipped off when I give them a horn to let them know that there's another vehicle really close by.
Some days I wish I had a nice supply of junkers that I could drive and just plow thru them rather than using my most excellent defensive driving skills.
If it wasn’t such a pain in the butt to do an insurance repair I’d consider it as well…but not in my Shelby 🤣

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,132 Posts
If it wasn’t such a pain in the butt to do an insurance repair I’d consider it as well…but not in my Shelby 🤣
Yeah, definitely not that. That's why I need to track down some beaters. I just had to get a vehicle after a deer didn't get out of my way 2 years ago, and I don't want to do that again because of an idiot driver. And the deer is probably smarter than some people driving.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 build day 8/12
121 Posts
Looks to me like that suburban had plenty of space in front but did a bit of a panic brake on the white suv. Reason being there was school bus turning and the slowing up traffic ahead. The suburban driver was not scanning ahead very well and was possibly a distracted driver with their face in an iphone. That white suv driver flipped his signal on in haste and panicked into your lane. Both drivers are idiots but it feels like the suburban driver set this in motion originally. Even pulling off to the side a smidge while braking thus clearing a tight squeeze for the white suv to want to invade your lane. Still, it's always a good practice to not stay in a vehicles blind spot too long. Especially when they're ass riders like that white suv driver.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks to me like that suburban had plenty of space in front but did a bit of a panic brake on the white suv. Reason being there was school bus turning and the slowing up traffic ahead. The suburban drive was not scanning ahead very well and was possibly a distracted driver with their face in an iphone. That white suv driver flipped his signal on in haste and panicked into your lane. Both drivers are idiots but it feels like the suburban driver set this in motion originally. Even pulling off to the side a smidge while braking thus clearing a tight squeeze for the white suv to want to invade your lane. Still, it's always a good practice to not stay in a vehicles blind spot too long. Especially when they're ass riders like that white suv driver.
A couple things to note:
1. I was not passing on the right, the traffic on the left slowed down. If I included the entire video you’d see this. I was not hanging out in the blind spot of the white SUV. Not to mention this road is mostly stop-n-go traffic at this time of day, there’s no way to avoid being a blind spot as these clowns will jump in front of you if you leave too big of a following gap.
2. I have a right to that lane and using a signal means nothing if you don’t actually check that you’re clear. This vehicle is new enough to have BLIS but the driver either didn’t hear it or didn’t care.
3. If the driver had been paying attention and gave proper spacing to the Suburban in front of them he wouldn’t have had to panic-change lanes. This is just further proof that many people treat driving as a nuisance and that they own the road, everyone else be damned.

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
740 Posts
In my city it's always some POS Nissan Altima "Special Edition" with a loose bumper cap, cloudy headlights, missing at least one wheel cover. Shitty drivers are attracted to Nissans for some reason or another. 1 out of 10 smells like weed when it goes by.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts