Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, how many times in a week do you clean your car such as wipe it down dust it off or just wash it?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Depends.

I try to keep it covered when I'm not going to use it for a while (like when I'm gone for a week on business).

Otherwise, I'll wipe it clean with my Calif duster and wash it after a few drives. Although, with the new Dri Wash I've tried, it takes much less time to do a good cleaning, so I'm now more apt to clean it more often.

The Dri Wash stuff is very cool and easy to use.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wash mine every weekend. Like Joe, I will clean the car and cover it if I am going on travel and will not drive it for a few days.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I wash it often, probably every 3-5 days, but that depends on weather.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wipe it down with Speedshine (quick detailer) about every other drive or wash whenever moderately dirty.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Yep, here you go.

http://store.blackvertmafia.com/product_p/detkit.htm

I like that I don't have to get the bucket/water/towels etc out to wash the car.

Try it, you'll like it.

There are also smaller kits if you just want the wash instead of the full kit.
Joe,

Thanks for the link. I checked it out. Clecked on it all to try to find out how it works. I was hoping the process would be explained. A video would be helpfull. I cant imagine how to clean dirt off a car in a dry fashion with out scratching it.

I washed my car with water today because it was dirty from getting caught in the rain on the way home from dinner Sat. night.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Joe,

Thanks for the link. I checked it out. Clecked on it all to try to find out how it works. I was hoping the process would be explained. A video would be helpfull. I cant imagine how to clean dirt off a car in a dry fashion with out scratching it.

I washed my car with water today because it was dirty from getting caught in the rain on the way home from dinner Sat. night.

http://shelbymafia.com/forum/showpost.php?p=964&postcount=1

·
Registered
658 Posts
I thought black was tough to keep clean! White=wash after every drive

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Thanks Beachy.

I was at MadMax's house a few weeks ago and watched him use it on his black GT500.

I was amazed too. It suspended the dirt with the spray, then the microfiber cloth picked it up. Turn over the cloth (or use a different one) to buff it and it was done.

Smooth as a baby's butt, and NO scratches. It actually helped with some water marks he had in it too.

Want to try a small bottle Grabby? I know people... :D

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I used it on mine over the weekend.

Impressive stuff. Definitely worth a try.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks Beachy.

I was at MadMax's house a few weeks ago and watched him use it on his black GT500.

I was amazed too. It suspended the dirt with the spray, then the microfiber cloth picked it up. Turn over the cloth (or use a different one) to buff it and it was done.

Smooth as a baby's butt, and NO scratches. It actually helped with some water marks he had in it too.

Want to try a small bottle Grabby? I know people... :D
Joe,

I would like to give this a try too. Please PM me cost & address.

Kurt

·
Registered
199 Posts
I hand wash mine about every week or two with filtered water, depending on the flying schedule and if it's even driven.

Whenever I take it out, I always CA Duster it off and wipe it down with Adam's Polish - Spray Detail. IMO it has all the properties, shine and protection of Zaino Z6, but is much easier to remove and does an excellent job on bugs and bird deposits.

The glass get's a spray with Invisible Glass, one wipe over with a micro-fiber towel then finished with folded a cotton bar towel. Never using the same square twice to wipe a new area of glass. Completely streak free, no haze, no lint.

The lights lens get only bar towels and sprayed with Arrow Magnolia Helicopter Polish and Protectant. They never get a brush, chamois or paper on them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts