1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Very nice BJ! Can't wait to see the finished product.:D

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Hey, I meant to ask you....I saw a black vert in Valpo on the way back from Terry's. IN plates said simply SHELBY. Whose???

bj
I met that guy (Tom) at one of the Friday car shows at the Valpo Target. He is a pipefitter contractor supervisor. He does some work out here at the mill periodically. His vert is black with tungsten stripes. You should try to make one of the Friday night shows. It will be in the Wal-mart parking lot from now on because Target doesn't want it anymore. A couple of weeks ago some ricers showed up and caused some problems. This show is huge. There had to be over 200 cars last weekend. :eek:

He said he just got the SHELBY plate this year. The fellow that had it, had it for 17 years and for some reason didn't renew it. I beleive he said the guy was pretty elderly. He stayed in touch with the BMV and applied for it when the doors opened the first day it was available.

BTW. I still have my black/white striped vert. I had it sold but the guy's financing fell through. I only have 191 miles on it and am not sure now if I want to sell it now or get one of the Shelby packages done to it. I really like the white/red stripes coupe and would probably trade it for one if anyones interested.:)

Cal

·
Registered
444 Posts
I really like the white/red stripes coupe and would probably trade it for one if anyones interested.:)

Cal
Cal,
That is cool that you really like my color combo!:D

Not sure if you seen the final production number on the Red appearance PKG.

supposed to make 500 total.

but only made 297 in totals

128 white
169 black

which makes the white w/ red the rarest 2007 GT500, wish I would have known all this before i pulled the pulley off. Oh well I will still have fun with my car, as I am young and dumb and full of (well you know what).....hehe

Good luck finding someone to trade with if not you could always get your money out of your vert, not like you are going to lose anything on it!
JJ

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Cal,
That is cool that you really like my color combo!:D

Not sure if you seen the final production number on the Red appearance PKG.

supposed to make 500 total.

but only made 297 in totals

128 white
169 black

which makes the white w/ red the rarest 2007 GT500, wish I would have known all this before i pulled the pulley off. Oh well I will still have fun with my car, as I am young and dumb and full of (well you know what).....hehe

Good luck finding someone to trade with if not you could always get your money out of your vert, not like you are going to lose anything on it!
JJ
That is one of the rarest combos. I wish the red package had been available when I ordered the vert.:(

If I don't trade it for a white/red I may sit on it and see if somewhere down the road I can trade it for a Supercharged Hemi Challenger.:eek: :D That would look cool in the garage with the white/blue coupe.:cool:

Cal

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
That is one of the rarest combos. I wish the red package had been available when I ordered the vert.:(

If I don't trade it for a white/red I may sit on it and see if somewhere down the road I can trade it for a Supercharged Hemi Challenger.:eek: :D That would look cool in the garage with the white/blue coupe.:cool:

Cal

Cal you get all the toys.:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Cal you get all the toys.:D :D :D
It's nice when the kids are raised and we can finally afford toys for ourselves.:)

The downside is by then your getting OLD:( but not quite old enough yet that I can't push a clutch pedal down.:D

Cal

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
It's nice when the kids are raised and we can finally afford toys for ourselves.:)

The downside is by then your getting OLD:( but not quite old enough yet that I can't push a clutch pedal down.:D

Cal

Cal I'm sure you deserve it.Enjoy life,man:D :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think this will look awsome when done VNMOUS.....
Speaking of rare Shelby's,I think my Red with White striped Coupe with NO mods may be a rare car. :D

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Cal I'm sure you deserve it.Enjoy life,man:D :D
Thanks Fred.

You young guys, just remember, we're on this Earth for a GOOD TIME, not a long time.:)

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I met that guy (Tom) at one of the Friday car shows at the Valpo Target. He is a pipefitter contractor supervisor. He does some work out here at the mill periodically. His vert is black with tungsten stripes. You should try to make one of the Friday night shows. It will be in the Wal-mart parking lot from now on because Target doesn't want it anymore. A couple of weeks ago some ricers showed up and caused some problems. This show is huge. There had to be over 200 cars last weekend. :eek:

He said he just got the SHELBY plate this year. The fellow that had it, had it for 17 years and for some reason didn't renew it. I beleive he said the guy was pretty elderly. He stayed in touch with the BMV and applied for it when the doors opened the first day it was available.

BTW. I still have my black/white striped vert. I had it sold but the guy's financing fell through. I only have 191 miles on it and am not sure now if I want to sell it now or get one of the Shelby packages done to it. I really like the white/red stripes coupe and would probably trade it for one if anyones interested.:)

Cal

Shoot me an email and give me your numbers. We'll make sure and come over some weekend. Heading out to vacation in about 6 hours so I'm off to bed. See ya.

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thats going to look great!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
VNMOUS1,

That looks real sharp.

They did a real good job matching the paint and stripes.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the whole car.

Well done! :)

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Sweet!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts