Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scraped the chin spoiler on a parking barricade. Any tips for repair?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I don't think they are very expensive, around $35 I think. I'd buy a new one, depending on how bad the damage is.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I've never had any success repairing damaged plastic products. You may want to look into just replacing it. I found it for sale on the Southwest Ford Parts website for $46.20.

Shelby Valance panel (#9 in the illustration)

And welcome to the board, ASP!

·
Registered
324 Posts
When I picked my car I noticed a tiny scratch under the valance, not visible unless you got under the carI complained about it and they gave me a new one that is sitting in a box waiting for the unavoidable day when I damage the one that came with the car. I guess I am set for a while, thanks to Ford

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
When I picked my car I noticed a tiny scratch under the valance, not visible unless you got under the carI complained about it and they gave me a new one that is sitting in a box waiting for the unavoidable day when I damage the one that came with the car. I guess I am set for a while, thanks to Ford
Same thing happened to me. My valance was banged up a bit upon delivery, but my dealership had it replaced by the time I arrived to pick it up.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Same thing happened to me. My valance was banged up a bit upon delivery, but my dealership had it replaced by the time I arrived to pick it up.
Me TOO. Mine was scraped. Driver filled out a damage report. Dealer called me when car came in. I told him about reports of damaged spoilers. At this time he was not aware of damage report being made. He told me he would have it checked out. Called back, yes it was damaged, as well as both front rims on the inside edges. By this time he had report in his hand as well. Driver was aware of the rim damage as well, as noted on report. Big Blue had a set of rims to dealer in two days. I did get the damage report as a matter record.

ILLEGAL

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Me TOO. Mine was scraped. Driver filled out a damage report. Dealer called me when car came in. I told him about reports of damaged spoilers. At this time he was not aware of damage report being made. He told me he would have it checked out. Called back, yes it was damaged, as well as both front rims on the inside edges. By this time he had report in his hand as well. Driver was aware of the rim damage as well, as noted on report. Big Blue had a set of rims to dealer in two days. I did get the damage report as a matter record.

ILLEGAL
When I first put my car on the lift I noticed scraping to the inside edges of the front rims, but assumed it was from mounting. It is more like a flaking of whatever the rims rubbed up against. It appears to be a black plastic or composite material. Too late for a damage report on my end.:( I believe whatever the rim rubbed up against suffered more damage than the rim as it must have been a softer material.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When I first put my car on the lift I noticed scraping to the inside edges of the front rims, but assumed it was from mounting. It is more like a flaking of whatever the rims rubbed up against. It appears to be a black plastic or composite material. Too late for a damage report on my end.:( I believe whatever the rim rubbed up against suffered more damage than the rim as it must have been a softer material.
shlbysvt

I never did see mine, they had been shipped back by the time I arrived to pick car up. I really tryed to have my dealer attempt to let me purchase @ some price, during earlier conversation. When I arrived he told me that he had checked, but they were required to return.

ILLEGAL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts