Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been going to the Chicago Auto Show for many years and I was never so disappointed in the Ford Display as I was yesterday at the this year's show.. The Ford Corporation seemed to do the show on the cheap this year compared to previous years. There were no attractive girl models hyping the Ford vehicles, no salesman anywhere trying to sell you on a new product, no bright lights, no introduction of anything except the old robot that's been there for four years previously. Would you believe they even failed to have a Ford high performance vehicle up on the stage starting up and letting everyone hear the growl of the V-8. The new and could be very exciting introduction of the Shelby GT500 was no where to be seen. The GT500 was there sitting on the floor in the middle of the display with absolutely no fan fare what so ever. I expected an exciting introduction for the GT500 and what I got was a big disappointment. The rest of the Ford display was also lacking when compared to GM and Toyota.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Been going to the Chicago Auto Show for many years and I was never so disappointed in the Ford Display as I was yesterday at the this year's show.. The Ford Corporation seemed to do the show on the cheap this year compared to previous years. There were no attractive girl models hyping the Ford vehicles, no salesman anywhere trying to sell you on a new product, no bright lights, no introduction of anything except the old robot that's been there for four years previously. Would you believe they even failed to have a Ford high performance vehicle up on the stage starting up and letting everyone hear the growl of the V-8. The new and could be very exciting introduction of the Shelby GT500 was no where to be seen. The GT500 was there sitting on the floor in the middle of the display with absolutely no fan fare what so ever. I expected an exciting introduction for the GT500 and what I got was a big disappointment. The rest of the Ford display was also lacking when compared to GM and Toyota.
Disappointing. Sadly the Chicago show is dying. Porsche and others dropped even coming if I recall.

·
Super Moderator
5,237 Posts
Thanks for posting that info up and letting us know. That is certainly disappointing, especially the GT500 part. :frown:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts