Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we were out driving the car today and all of the sudden the CEL came on and we don't know why. Its got about 130 miles on it and we've had it for about a week. Its came on a few times before and then it would just shut off. Now this time it came on and hasnt turned off. Has anyone had this problem or know why it might do this?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Well we were out driving the car today and all of the sudden the CEL came on and we don't know why. Its got about 130 miles on it and we've had it for about a week. Its came on a few times before and then it would just shut off. Now this time it came on and hasnt turned off. Has anyone had this problem or know why it might do this?

This is the 1st I have heard of this!

·
Registered
373 Posts
maybe the coolant line thing?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
We can all make some educated guesses here, but you won't really know until you take it to the dealer to run a diagnostic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with rpretzel, you won't know until Ford tells you which error code has been tripped. My guess is that the oxygen sensor in the emissions system has died an early death. These probes deal with such intense heat that if they have any flaw it shows up in the first few hundred miles. I had that issue on a company car once. Let us know what it turns out to be!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Uhh... I'll buy it off of ya, and then tell you what the problem was. 'k? (farking dealers here just jumped to $72k, citing the z06) [stabby]

Is it the 2008 production run yet?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Uhh... I'll buy it off of ya, and then tell you what the problem was. 'k? (farking dealers here just jumped to $72k, citing the z06) [stabby]

$72,000 are they for real? Where are you located, these dealers have got to be on another planet!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Pacific Northwest, right near all the Microsoft Money (which may be where I'm getting mine from, but still...)

The dealer nearest here is pumping money into getting their hands on all sorts of GT500s, they have multiple on the lot... the LOWEST they'll put a starting quote out at is $68k.

I've been doing tons of digging, but the only leads I've gotten are still well over MSRP (not a horrible problem, if we're talking 5000 or so) or leaves me waiting for hearing something about the 2008 model year.

With the number of redesigned other cars headed this way, and other new releases, {GTO that doesn't look like a Monaro/Holden} the incredible dealer prices are driving me away from that FoMoCo love I've had the rest of my life.

Please PM me with non-stupid dealers? :)

·
Registered
65 Posts

The dealer I'm getting mine from, in Florida, has one in the show room with $72K on the window as well. The sales manager said that was the going rate right now but I would still get mine in a couple weeks for our agreed upon price back in July. I talked to the sales guy that I worked with and he said that it was a pipe dream to get the $72K. He said that if anyone offered them $63K, they could drive it out of the show room.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I can see that as far more reasonable than that 72 number, but it's still a solid 20k over MSRP. : \ I'm gonna go ramble about this in the pacfic northwest thread ... uhh... where I ramble, because I just realized I've been doing a major threadjack. Sorry. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts