Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
'22 GT500 Shadow Black
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a small rev to 3,500 - 4k and a wrench came up on the cluster and said check owners manual. Now I have a CEL illuminated next to the odometer.

116.9 miles on the car, JLT Intake and Lethal performance X Pipe.

Are there any built in diagnostics that I can get to? To see what this code is?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,024 Posts
Did a small rev to 3,500 - 4k and a wrench came up on the cluster and said check owners manual. Now I have a CEL illuminated next to the odometer.

You’ll need a code reader to find out what it is.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,932 Posts

It’s scrap now sorry for your troubles. Try this reader.
MOTOPOWER MP69033 Car OBD2 Scanner Code Reader Engine Fault Code Reader Scanner CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for All OBD II Protocol Cars Since 1996, Yellow https://a.co/d/jhxsfWO

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
370 Posts

Wow that sucks, last thing you want is a issue on a new very expensive car. I would at least check your Intake sensors or and other plugs you may have pulled installing those 2 mods. When I first installed my Kong intake I forgot to put the plug in, I noticed it before starting the car so that may not be why your getting this CEL. I am just guessing as these newer cars are much harder to diagnose without the proper scanners.

Worst case take it back to the dealership:(. Sorry you're having issues on your New GT500, its probably very minor though take care and good luck

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
812 Posts

I have gotten transmission overpressure codes when revving mine while in park a couple times. I never get any while driving, though, no matter how hard I drive. Clearing the codes solves the problem.

·
Registered
'22 GT500 Shadow Black
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all the responses guys. The dealer is just going to pick up the car today. I will buy a code reader to have on hand for the future. I'll update as soon as they let me know what the issue is. Hopefully it's something dumb like the transmission over pressure.

·
Registered
'22 GT500 Shadow Black
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have gotten transmission overpressure codes when revving mine while in park a couple times. I never get any while driving, though, no matter how hard I drive. Clearing the codes solves the problem.
Code was transmission pressure sensor. So no more revving in park for me! I appreciate the insight from everyone. This is a great forum

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,024 Posts
Code was transmission pressure sensor. So no more revving in park for me! I appreciate the insight from everyone. This is a great forum
You probably already know, but you can pull both paddles while in D to rev.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
370 Posts
Weird, I rev mine a lot in park I never had that issue. What causes that?

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
370 Posts
I do that a lot too, its so nice isn't it haha ;) Had a guy on another street from me complaining how loud the car was. So I was a good neighbor and stop doing it much in my neighborhood. It just sounds so Nice:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
This is so fun when I pull up on one of those beat down ass looking Nissan’s like a roaring lion letting the little kitten know who is King 😂😂😂

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
370 Posts
This is so fun when I pull up on one of those beat down ass looking Nissan’s like a roaring lion letting the little kitten know who is King 😂😂😂
Hey Chris, you remember I told you guys about that Ford Imaging photos I was getting and they were sent last 7 July 2022. I was going to post them when they came in, but I guess they got lost in the Philippine mail system, as Ford imaging sent them though usps not UPS so once it hits the Philippines you can't track them anymore. I told this to them and I said Last week I still haven't got my 2 orders. They told me to wait until 5 August and if I still didn't get them they remake them and this time ship them though UPS.

So this morning I got a email from For Imaging saying they are remaking my orders and will be shipped by Friday next week look at this. I wish they would have just used UPS to start with i have my orders 2 weeks ago.
When I ever get these photos I will still post them for all to see they should be very nice. If I ever get them :ROFLMAO:

Hi Thomas,

We will remake these and reship the for you next week via UPS They ship by next Friday,

All the best.

On Aug 4, 2022, at 11:01 PM, thomas tiritilli <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello it is August 5th here and as of today I still haven't received the orders, I also still can't get any updates.

Please do something please. If you're going to remake my orders I hope I don't have to wait 6 plus weeks to get them. I don't know what else I can do as like I've said in previous emails USPS Can't be tracked after in Enters the Philippines. UPS is better by far never any issues.

Anyway please help.

Thank you
Thomas Retired Disabled Veteran

On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 12:19:44 AM GMT+8, Customer Service <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

If we have not had an update by Aug 5th or you have not received delivery we can look at re-making these and reshipping vis UPS.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service
Fordimages.com
6489 Calle Real Suite I
Goleta, CA 93117
Phone: 1-800-542-1441
Fax: 1-800-542-1441
Mon-Fri, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Pacific Time

On Jul 26, 2022, at 8:22 PM, thomas tiritilli <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello just to let you know, I still haven't received my order. I also haven't had any more updates since the package arrived in the Philippines 10 days ago. You said wait 2 weeks from this last email with is 9 days ago.

I have tried tracking it, but I get no more info now.

USPS in the Philippines Sucks. Can't track it after it enters the country.

Thank you

On Monday, July 18, 2022 at 04:52:54 AM GMT+8, Customer Service <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Thomas,

You order is is currently in transit to the destination. It arrived in the Philippines on Thursday.
International orders such as this can take some time to arrive and this is not at all out of the ordinary time wise.
If it does not get delivered the next two weeks we will issue a trace.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Hey Chris, you remember I told you guys about that Ford Imaging photos I was getting and they were sent last 7 July 2022. I was going to post them when they came in, but I guess they got lost in the Philippine mail system, as Ford imaging sent them though usps not UPS so once it hits the Philippines you can't track them anymore. I told this to them and I said Last week I still haven't got my 2 orders. They told me to wait until 5 August and if I still didn't get them they remake them and this time ship them though UPS.

So this morning I got a email from For Imaging saying they are remaking my orders and will be shipped by Friday next week look at this. I wish they would have just used UPS to start with i have my orders 2 weeks ago.
When I ever get these photos I will still post them for all to see they should be very nice. If I ever get them :ROFLMAO:

Hi Thomas,

We will remake these and reship the for you next week via UPS They ship by next Friday,

All the best.
WTH seriously?? I’m glad they are remaking them!! Hopefully this time they will ship USPS. They probably literally saved 4 bucks and you have to wait longer 😤😤 I got an email last night for 40% off and I’m really considering buying it but I wanted to see yours first 😂

• Haha
Reactions: simba47

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
370 Posts
WTH seriously?? I’m glad they are remaking them!! Hopefully this time they will ship USPS. They probably literally saved 4 bucks and you have to wait longer 😤😤 I got an email last night for 40% off and I’m really considering buying it but I wanted to see yours first 😂
When I get them I'll show them to you for sure, but 40% off is great, I got 30%. Yeah probably they save a few Bucks, those cheap SOB's :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
812 Posts
Weird, I rev mine a lot in park I never had that issue. What causes that?
Not sure. I’ve gotten the code a few times. It’s always in park because it’s usually at a show that some kid wants to hear it, and I always accommodate. Lol. I carry a bluetooth ELM with me, so I just clear the codes with forscan lite on Android. Will have to try pulling the paddles and see if I still get the code. It doesn’t happen every time, though. I’d guess 1 time out of 20.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
370 Posts
Not sure. I’ve gotten the code a few times. It’s always in park because it’s usually at a show that some kid wants to hear it, and I always accommodate. Lol. I carry a bluetooth ELM with me, so I just clear the codes with forscan lite on Android. Will have to try pulling the paddles and see if I still get the code. It doesn’t happen every time, though. I’d guess 1 time out of 20.
Again its weird, where do you get ELM TO CLEAR CODES with Forscan ? Sorry I am lost again Sir :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
812 Posts
Again its weird, where do you get ELM TO CLEAR CODES with Forscan ? Sorry I am lost again Sir :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
So there’s forscan for windows. That allows you to read modules and write modules to make changes—for example if you want to turn off the double horn honk when you exit the car with the key in your pocket. Then there is forscan lite for mobile devices and tablets. You can read codes, reset codes, and run some factory supported diagnostics plus see PIDs your car monitors like boost, temps, emissions status, etc. The ELM is just a standard for interfacing. It’s technically a PIC18F2480 programmed with the ELM327 instruction set that the OBD2 standard uses. Think of it as a translator that speaks the car’s language and your computer or phone’s language.

There are hundreds of cheap Chinese ELMs with poorly cloned chips in them. They work but can be flakey. Only a very limited number work with iOS. Just about anything works with Android and windows. This is the one I would buy. It works with everything. OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows https://a.co/d/96VYHf0. It’s pricey but you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
370 Posts
So there’s forscan for windows. That allows you to read modules and write modules to make changes—for example if you want to turn off the double horn honk when you exit the car with the key in your pocket. Then there is forscan lite for mobile devices and tablets. You can read codes, reset codes, and run some factory supported diagnostics plus see PIDs your car monitors like boost, temps, emissions status, etc. The ELM is just a standard for interfacing. It’s technically a PIC18F2480 programmed with the ELM327 instruction set that the OBD2 standard uses. Think of it as a translator that speaks the car’s language and your computer or phone’s language.

There are hundreds of cheap Chinese ELMs with poorly cloned chips in them. They work but can be flakey. Only a very limited number work with iOS. Just about anything works with Android and windows. This is the one I would buy. It works with everything. OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows https://a.co/d/96VYHf0. It’s pricey but you get what you pay for.
Thank you. I will be ordering one today, I hope it will ship direct here. Anything else needed to Run this setup? Thank you again Chad. (y) :)

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
370 Posts
Thank you. I will be ordering one today, I hope it will ship direct here. Anything else needed to Run this setup? Thank you again Chad. (y) :)

I have a samsung and wife has a iphone 10. I am not a techy in anyway form or fashion. Luckily I have a good friend who is haha

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
812 Posts
No, all you need is a phone and an elm to read and reset codes. I don’t have the MX plus. I have the old one that only works on android and windows, so I never tried it on my iphone. On my google pixel 4a, all i did was pair the elm to my phone and buy forscan lite from the play store. It’s 6 bucks. Open the app and click the connect icon at the top. Everything else is pretty self explanatory in the app.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts