Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pleasure of facing down a Charger SRT 8 this weekend, and he had the pleasure of viewing my tail lights and hearing my SGT's :)
God I love this car..............

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
425hp Hemi, just a guesss on HP though, but it was a hemi......

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None the less, I ended up with a big grin:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I didn't try to diminish your moment, believe me every time I get a change to press the gas pedal it makes me happy and if there was someone in the next lane attempting to keep up it makes that moment even better :) we all know that is one of the reasons most of us got these cars

·
Registered
235 Posts
The SRT8s have 425 hp. But they're geared very high. I think it's numerically just below 3.00 or something like that.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Couple of weeks ago I pull up to a light and an Impala LT (?? 2001 ish) pulls up next to me - with crappy music blaring. Light turns, I I hit it a little bit just so I don't have to hear the crappy music.

I never got a chance to look over sitting at the light, but the driver must've been lookin to blow past me cause it looked like he had his foot in the engine bay the way his car took off. I of course hit it hard - but not WOT.

After the 3.73 gears, first time I tried WOT, I ended up breaking the rear end loose a bit.

Anyway, It was sure no SRT8, but was still fun. I think he must've done some work to his car. I had him smoked before 150 yards though.

This car is a total thrill to own and drive. The modding can become addictive though.

TD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts