Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
133 Posts
One of my favorite colors to look at, just not sure I want to own it.
#1 I love the color too just couldn’t commit to it. I had the opportunity to purchase a 2020 performance blue for a reasonable adm but I opted to waitit out and order mine magnetic. Looking back I wish I would have gotten because I would have been driving in may. Good thing is my magnetic has been shipped and is otw just5 months later lol. But that color just screams fast Ford

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
80 Posts
#1 I love the color too just couldn’t commit to it. I had the opportunity to purchase a 2020 performance blue for a reasonable adm but I opted to waitit out and order mine magnetic. Looking back I wish I would have gotten because I would have been driving in may. Good thing is my magnetic has been shipped and is otw just5 months later lol. But that color just screams fast Ford
The first GT500 I ever saw that moved me down this road was Magnetic with black stripes. It was really sharp! If I didn’t get a look at that car I’d probably still be on the Camaro ZL1 path. The Carbonized metallic looks like it might be a little lighter. I think it will look incredible with a black room, and black stripes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
2021 Ordering banks are not open for the GT500, however the dealer has a 2020 base GT500 allocation available if anyone’s interested. The won’t charge any ADM

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
34 Posts
2021 Ordering banks are not open for the GT500, however the dealer has a 2020 base GT500 allocation available if anyone’s interested. The won’t charge any ADM
-------
I see that, and will just keep on checking every day.

I am a firm believer in doing what you say you are going to, and now to be honest - as a result, I am quickly losing interest in getting the car all together.

·
Registered
80 Posts
-------
I see that, and will just keep on checking every day.

I am a firm believer in doing what you say you are going to, and now to be honest - as a result, I am quickly losing interest in getting the car all together.
Same! Probably only because we are about to hit the deep winter freeze. Come spring next year, I’ll be freaking out to get this car.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
34 Posts
Has anyone officially heard Ford might actually announce the 2021 Order / Pricing guide? In a little more than a week it will be December. thks

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Has anyone officially heard Ford might actually announce the 2021 Order / Pricing guide? In a little more than a week it will be December. thks
The build site still has 2020 info. Nothing yet on the 2021.

I’ll add this though... I was reading a Facebook post regarding 2020s available at dealers. One guy commented: “Why would I buy a 2020 when 2021s will be out shortly...?” I replied that if you order a 2021, there are no guarantees that you’ll get the car earlier vs. later. It might get delivered late in 2021.

Mustang build site!

·
Registered
80 Posts

I’ll add this though... I was reading a Facebook post regarding 2020s available at dealers. One guy commented: “Why would I buy a 2020 when 2021s will be out shortly...?” I replied that if you order a 2021, there are no guarantees that you’ll get the car earlier vs. later. It might get delivered late in 2021.

Mustang build site!
Yeah, I thought about that but I really want the Carbon fiber handling pack. My dealer sent me a text on Monday that orders will be open in about two weeks. I’ll be there as soon as the dealer opens getting my order in and hoping for the best.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
34 Posts

Mustang build site!
I also had a similar discussion with a person here. However, I am suspecting that the 2021 price is going to increase as well - and it's that item that I am most interested in finding out.

More than likely the reason for the "delay" is account the late ordering and delivery of the 2020's.

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
4,124 Posts
Yeah, I thought about that but I really want the Carbon fiber handling pack. My dealer sent me a text on Monday that orders will be open in about two weeks. I’ll be there as soon as the dealer opens getting my order in and hoping for the best.
Does the Carbon fiber handling pack require a golden ticket or some other special allocation?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Based on what I have gathered we will have 3 distinct options.

CF Track Pack which is what we have with the main features being the wing, standard Recaros, rear seat delete and exposed weave CF rims.

CF Handling Pack. The items included in the current Handling Package + Painted CF Rims and adjustable strut mounts. The wing and rear seat delete remain exclusive to the CFTP. Base seats are standard in this package, Recaros optional. And the big item is PAINTED CF rims. Due to the problems with getting a perfect weave pattern for the exposed rims in the CFTP they can paint the "cosmetic rejects" and use them on this package. Honestly, I bet they have a stock-pile already from 2020 production. Make mine Grabber Yellow!!!

The base model with the various lighter options including the Handling Package.

Tom

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
34 Posts
Does the Carbon fiber handling pack require a golden ticket or some other special allocation?
I would think it does? But we shall see.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts