Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I too am a fan of the wing... it’s big, it’s beautiful and it is quite effective! :love:
I was all in on getting a CFTP for the wing until I found out I was too big for the seats. That thing is a work of art. I know I could add it, but I’ve always been into keeping things stock. Urgh, I just want the 2021 orders to open up (even though I can’t take delivery or drive the ride until April/May)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was all in on getting a CFTP for the wing until I found out I was too big for the seats. That thing is a work of art. I know I could add it, but I’ve always been into keeping things stock. Urgh, I just want the 2021 orders to open up (even though I can’t take delivery or drive the ride until April/May)
There is an aftermarket company that has recreated the CF wing much cheaper than Ford’s price. You could always get a used trunk lid from a salvage yard, have it painted and bolt-up the big sexy wing!

·
Registered
80 Posts
There is an aftermarket company that has recreated the CF wing much cheaper than Ford’s price. You could always get a used trunk lid from a salvage yard, have it painted and bolt-up the big sexy wing!
Yeah, I know but then I’d feel like I’m rollin a Civic with a tech screwed on GT Wing.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah, I know but then I’d feel like I’m rollin a Civic with a tech screwed on GT Wing.
Big difference... this is essentially an OEM wing on a car it was designed for. I’ve seen some bad looking car/wing combos, I wouldn’t put the 2020 GT500 in that category... beautiful form and function!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Big difference... this is essentially an OEM wing on a car it was designed for. I’ve seen some bad looking car/wing combos, I wouldn’t put the 2020 GT500 in that category... beautiful form and function!
I get it, and agree. I’m just talking about in my mind. I like OEM stock stuff

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Has it been been confirmed that Performance blue is going away? I’d selfishly be happy to hear that, as it would make my 2020 stand out more.
The document only states NEW COLORS and colors available on the Mach 1. It is not an inclusive list of 2021 colors.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
34 Posts
Anyone heard anything new on the 2021 MSRP and Options pricing?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
34 Posts
From what I have read, the 2021 ordering starts in three weeks!

Seems odd to me that there is nothing issued yet on pricing. That typical???

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
From what I have read, the 2021 ordering starts in three weeks!

Seems odd to me that there is nothing issued yet on pricing. That typical???
I’m sure Ford is trying to play out the 2020 until the absolute end before announcing 2021 info. Normally we would have the info by this time... maybe October at the latest. This is an odd year though, with the plant shutdown.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
34 Posts
So IF the 2021 GT500 order banks open on Tuesday, as per Ford's website...I find it poor that the 2021 MSRP and options pricing has not been released yet.
Not good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So IF the 2021 GT500 order banks open on Tuesday, as per Ford's website...I find it poor that the 2021 MSRP and options pricing has not been released yet.
Not good.
Absolutely driving me crazy since I have a 10am appointment at the dealership on Tuesday. I might just have to put my order deposit down, and go over pricing and options.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
34 Posts
Absolutely driving me crazy since I have a 10am appointment at the dealership on Tuesday. I might just have to put my order deposit down, and go over pricing and options.
Yeah, likely have to do it all at once. Anyway, let us know how you end up. thks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, likely have to do it all at once. Anyway, let us know how you end up. thks
At least I’ve narrowed my colors down to Lucid Red Pearl, and Carbonized Gray Metallic (I think)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
For what it’s worth, information was scarce for the 2020 at the beginning as well and Ford had conflicting info in a few areas that they never seemed to clear up. You’d think they’d have their ducks in a row for this type stuff. Regardless, the cars are amazing and all is forgiven when you finally get it and drive the epic beast!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts