·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
So, carbon fiber wheels will be painted for 21? 🤔

·
Registered
Order in for Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
43 Posts
May make the Performance Blue color on the GT500 a bit more rare I that color is discontinued moving forward. Really interested to see it in grabber yellow.

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,811 Posts
Wonder if the cost of the exposed CF wheels ended up being prohibitive. Very curious why the change.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Base Shadow Black pending delivery
59 Posts
Maybe they’re discontinuing the CFTP? I’d love to see them do a 500R! It’s gonna be interesting to see what it actually is.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Incomplete info... here is my guess:

Anderson Composites finally has the carbon fiber splitter wickers and rear “swing” (spoiler/wing) + Gurney flap available. Ford will package this together as a carbon fiber handling package to include some sort of 20” black painted CF wheel.

I suspect the CFTP will remain unchanged as the top tier option.

Reactions: Nitrojnky2001

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is nice to see the adjustable strut top mounts listed for the handling package. This has been a source of controversy for the 2020 with conflicting info... no handling package owners have receive the mounts yet.

Reactions: Nitrojnky2001

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Base Shadow Black pending delivery
59 Posts
It is nice to see the adjustable strut top mounts listed for the handling package. This has been a source of controversy for the 2020 with conflicting info... no handling package owners have receive the mounts yet.
I was actually talking to my sales manager about those adjustable strut mounts. I guess it’s an IOU? I’m going to get it in writing just to make sure, once I take delivery.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
80 Posts
Im thinking it’s a way of getting some carbon fiber upgrades without the Recaro seats. Having the painted rims is a way to differentiate the CFTP from the CFHP? Just a guess

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im thinking it’s a way of getting some carbon fiber upgrades without the Recaro seats. Having the painted rims is a way to differentiate the CFTP from the CFHP? Just a guess
Did a little light research last night. Apparently having exposed carbon fiber weave look perfect is challenging and labor intensive. It’s much easier/cheaper to just finish the CF with black paint so you don’t have to worry how uniform the weave lays. This mid level CF is probably going to be a cheaper option and like I said above, I suspect the CFTP will remain available as the top tier option.

Also of note, you can get some CF goodies AND a back seat in 2021.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wasn’t going to order the handling package since I’d prefer a JLT oil catch can Vs the Ford version, then just order the OEM parts separately. Depending on what’s included in the CFHP I might have to go with it

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wasn’t going to order the handling package since I’d prefer a JLT oil catch can Vs the Ford version, then just order the OEM parts separately. Depending on what’s included in the CFHP I might have to go with it
It looks to me that you get:
-Painted CF wheels
-CF: splitter wickers and gurney flap (and maybe swing)
Adjustable strut top mounts (finally)
Oil separator (nice unit!)

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
34 Posts
Got the quote below from Motor1....

You can’t order the 2020 Shelby GT500 with both of the aforementioned packages as one excludes the other, but it looks like the 2021 model will combine the two for a well-rounded piece of equipment.
----------
???? If the quote above is correct / interpreted correctly - then there may only be one package available? I hope that isn't the case.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Got the quote below from Motor1....

You can’t order the 2020 Shelby GT500 with both of the aforementioned packages as one excludes the other, but it looks like the 2021 model will combine the two for a well-rounded piece of equipment.
----------
???? If the quote above is correct / interpreted correctly - then there may only be one package available? I hope that isn't the case.
That will make Tim happy. His will be more exclusive.

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,811 Posts
If they put the same black finish they use on the R wheels, they will be gorgeous.
Hopefully some of the owners that get that option will actually use the rims and not put them on a shelf for that track day that never happens. Or save them for whatever reason.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 TBD
34 Posts
In follow up to my post above, found a second source identifying the same thing about a single combined package:

---------
2021 GT500..Sept 9, 2020"

...it's not all bad news, however. There are a few notable updates to the S550 Mustang Shelby GT500, which will be getting a new optional Carbon Fiber Handling Package for 2021. Borrowing parts of its name from the existing Carbon Fiber Track Pack ($18,500) and Handling Pack ($1,500), this new offering aims to split the massive price difference between the two.

Whereas buyers previously had to choose between one of the two packages, this new Carbon Fiber Handling Package blends some of the highlights from each. It includes 20-inch carbon fiber wheels finished in black, adjustable strut top mounts, an oil catch can, a Gurney flap, and splitter wickers. While we don’t have any pricing information at this time, you’d expect it to and between the $18,500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack and $1,500 Handling Pack. Those carbon fiber wheels aren’t cheap however, so expect it to be somewhere closer to the former.
-------------

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
80 Posts
In follow up to my post above, found a second source identifying the same thing about a single combined package:

---------
2021 GT500..Sept 9, 2020"

...it's not all bad news, however. There are a few notable updates to the S550 Mustang Shelby GT500, which will be getting a new optional Carbon Fiber Handling Package for 2021. Borrowing parts of its name from the existing Carbon Fiber Track Pack ($18,500) and Handling Pack ($1,500), this new offering aims to split the massive price difference between the two.

Whereas buyers previously had to choose between one of the two packages, this new Carbon Fiber Handling Package blends some of the highlights from each. It includes 20-inch carbon fiber wheels finished in black, adjustable strut top mounts, an oil catch can, a Gurney flap, and splitter wickers. While we don’t have any pricing information at this time, you’d expect it to and between the $18,500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack and $1,500 Handling Pack. Those carbon fiber wheels aren’t cheap however, so expect it to be somewhere closer to the former.
-------------
No wing no deal! I’d get the base and wheels from signature wheels. It’s nice that you can carbon parts without getting the Recaro seats though.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No wing no deal! I’d get the base and wheels from signature wheels. It’s nice that you can carbon parts without getting the Recaro seats though.
I too am a fan of the wing... it’s big, it’s beautiful and it is quite effective! :love:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts