Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
My friend's wife took a couple pictures of me behind the wheel just before launch. I'll try to get them up...as most of you know, I'm computer challenged!
YES PICTURES!!! Just upload them to photobucket then click the paper clip icon, then click the link next to the text "direct link". It will automatically copy the link, then come here and in your post put
and your pic will show!

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Congrats. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
760 Posts
That's awesome. Talking about the Cobra, not the owner's proclivities ;)

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Mike

Great story. I have driven 2 of them(albeit replicas) with nearly identical setups.

Your write up is spot on. The only difference is the two I drove had some form of heat shield protection in the footbox to keep the heat transfer bearable.

I would need power brakes.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
That's awsome Mike,good for you,thx for sharing the story too btw!

You know what,I thought I'd seen you right in front of me down the 87(maybe 1/2 hour before Albany,I tried to flash my lights at you with the work truck..but you we're already leaving me behind...I can only do 70

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That's awsome Mike,good for you,thx for sharing the story too btw!

You know what,I thought I'd seen you right in front of me down the 87(maybe 1/2 hour before Albany,I tried to flash my lights at you with the work truck..but you we're already leaving me behind...I can only do 70
That was me! Incredible coincidence!!

·
Banned
8,948 Posts
My German friend of 45 years & I had met a guy (Vito should love that phrase) last year, that was at the show. This year he invited us to his building where his private collection of cars were kept. He did not want to be named and likes to keep a low profile, which I will honor. He knew of my obvious love for Shelbys and their history, so we spent the afternoon looking at his substantial collection, I drove the Cobra, and then we all had dinner together. Very warm and personable gentlemen and he provided a pretty impressive gift for an old broke-down homicide investigator! He was pleased with the way I drove it and that, in and of itself, was a real compliment. I'm really in his debt.
Interesting story! If I was in that position I'd be the same way. Share the enjoyment! That's what they're for. I have fun watching others have fun! :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts