Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Current: 2020 GT500; 2019 ZL1 1LE
15 Posts
I finally got around to removing my rain tray and doing the magnet mod and have it Velcroed to my trunk floor. I attend a lot of car hang outs and like to bring a chair with me . I don’t want the chair which is stored in the trunk to move around when I’m driving like a lunatic, which can damage my rain tray. Does anyone ideas or recommend any products that can hold chair in place when in the trunk?
I have this (or another manufacturers version). Inexpensive and can be positioned as need.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,067 Posts
I can’t imagine the chair sliding around that dramatically. At 150, ur likely on a highway going mostly straight and the chair won’t move at all. LOL 😂
I agree, I stuck my Grandson In the Trunk going 150mph, he was just fine when we arrived to our destination. I am Joking, so no calls to Social services o_O :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

All joking aside I would think unless you're doing high speed Turns serious G's the rain try and chair would bounce around Much. But I do understand why you want to secure it. When Rainy season ends here My rain tray is coming off too, like you If I am leaving the hood open I want everyone to see my Badass Cobra:love:
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
2021 GT 500 Twister Orange with black stripes
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I got these straps off Amazon. Chair ain’t going nowhere now .

Brown Bag Sleeve Outdoor shoe Tints and shades

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 Rapid Red
264 Posts
A few members have mentioned putting Velcro on the rain tray to keep it from sliding around in the trunk. What size Velcro did y’all use, and which locations did y’all install it? If someone wouldn’t mind posting pictures, that would be helpful as well.

Reactions: simba47

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Home Depot has a commercial grade one. It’s like 1 and 7/8 inch wide .I’ll take a pic when I get home

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Leg Gesture Thigh Finger Automotive tire

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Automotive lighting Hood Light Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Wood Font Road surface Gas

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Sound like a great reason to do a rear seat delete !! Save some weight , make some room ! 😂😉
I hear it’s only 6lbs

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
44,112 Posts
A few members have mentioned putting Velcro on the rain tray to keep it from sliding around in the trunk. What size Velcro did y’all use, and which locations did y’all install it? If someone wouldn’t mind posting pictures, that would be helpful as well.
I just put 4 small pieces in the corners... probably 3/4” to 1” thick. Stick the male side of Velcro on the rain tray. It doesn’t need much Velcro to hold the rain tray in place.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts