Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT 500 Twister Orange with black stripes
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to removing my rain tray and doing the magnet mod and have it Velcroed to my trunk floor. I attend a lot of car hang outs and like to bring a chair with me . I don’t want the chair which is stored in the trunk to move around when I’m driving like a lunatic, which can damage my rain tray. Does anyone ideas or recommend any products that can hold chair in place when in the trunk?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,873 Posts
I have my rain tray Velcro’d in my trunk as well and often put a chair in there when heading to a show. I’ve never had an issue with the chair causing any problems.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but mine moves around because I drive sometimes 150mph on the way

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Long strips of Velcro and strap it down. If you don’t have the factory carpet exposed use bungee cords to hand it from the rear support.

·
Premium Member
2022 Rapid Red
256 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
43,873 Posts
Yes but mine moves around because I drive sometimes 150mph on the way
Should not be an issue driving that slow. Your chair is defective.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Long strips of Velcro and strap it down. If you don’t have the factory carpet exposed use bungee cords to hand it from the rear support.
Yea I may look at getting a new chair that has a cover that I can put the chair in and can put Velcro on the cover so it sticks to carpet.

anyone have a lightweight but sturdy and comfortable chair that comes with a zip up cover they can recommend??

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
43,873 Posts
You could always go a completely different direction. The wife could ride in the chair... win/win!

·
Premium Member
2022 Rapid Red
256 Posts
I have a cargo net already with other stuff in it. Chair wouldn’t fit in that
I was thinking maybe you could remove the trunk net and put the char in the trunk, then put the net back in using the net to hold it against the rear of the trunk. That would leave the net open for other stuff.

·
Registered
2020 Twister Orange HP GT500
525 Posts
Yea I may look at getting a new chair that has a cover that I can put the chair in and can put Velcro on the cover so it sticks to carpet.

anyone have a lightweight but sturdy and comfortable chair that comes with a zip up cover they can recommend??
We bought some pretty comfortable folding chairs at Dick's Sporting Goods a few years back. The chairs collapse to slide into a "tube" soft bag, and the bag has a long shoulder strap. You could secure the shoulder strap to your cargo net to minimize it moving around.

These aren't the ones we bought, but the style is basically the same.

·
Registered
2021 GT500-2.85 griptech pulley/long tube headers/JLT Intake/1050x Injectors
710 Posts
Question, why do you need to carry your rain tray around with you? I took my rain tray off the day I bought the car and put it on a shelf in the shop. I have driven in the rain numerous time with no issues. Not sure why it’s needed?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
43,873 Posts
Question, why do you need to carry your rain tray around with you? I took my rain tray off the day I bought the car and put it on a shelf in the shop. I have driven in the rain numerous time with no issues. Not shire why it’s needed?
I have it in the trunk, along with the hardware, “just in case.”

·
Registered
2021 gt 500
145 Posts
I finally got around to removing my rain tray and doing the magnet mod and have it Velcroed to my trunk floor. I attend a lot of car hang outs and like to bring a chair with me . I don’t want the chair which is stored in the trunk to move around when I’m driving like a lunatic, which can damage my rain tray. Does anyone ideas or recommend any products that can hold chair in place when in the trunk?
Velcro rain tray to underside of trunk lid

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Question, why do you need to carry your rain tray around with you? I took my rain tray off the day I bought the car and put it on a shelf in the shop. I have driven in the rain numerous time with no issues. Not sure why it’s needed?
I’m not worried about it for rain because I don’t drive it in the rain, it’s if I want to pop hood at car events. I purchased the Shelby cobra decal for it.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 (Carbonized Gray base w/ technology & Recaro package)
291 Posts
I’m not worried about it for rain because I don’t drive it in the rain, it’s if I want to pop hood at car events. I purchased the Shelby cobra decal for it.
Is there a road course between our house and the car show? 😄. Even if ur doing 150mph, unless your throwing the car across some pretty aggressive turns at that speed, I can’t imagine the chair sliding around that dramatically. At 150, ur likely on a highway going mostly straight and the chair won’t move at all. LOL 😂

·
Registered
2021 GT500 (Carbonized Gray base w/ technology & Recaro package)
291 Posts
Is there a road course between our house and the car show? 😄. Even if ur doing 150mph, unless your throwing the car across some pretty aggressive turns at that speed, I can’t imagine the chair sliding around that dramatically. At 150, ur likely on a highway going mostly straight and the chair won’t move at all. LOL 😂
Your house

1 - 20 of 35 Posts