Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are some aftermarket companies like Anderson Composites and APR working on their versions of the wing, but if you want Ford’s carbon fiber wing, here it is. One place had it listed for $20k, so this is a “bargain!”

5022B426-A486-4D6A-9A5F-E245ED2342DD.jpeg
ACED2115-989F-4E0A-9710-A84BE526FD1E.png
7BA60600-D52B-4D08-9296-8C2C84458D2F.jpeg

Reactions: DKnight

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,398 Posts
Wow. My son's '18 Focus ST was $21k!

Reactions: DKnight and Goose17

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
210 Posts
I know there are some aftermarket companies like Anderson Composites and APR working on their versions of the wing, but if you want Ford’s carbon fiber wing, here it is. One place had it listed for $20k, so this is a “bargain!”

View attachment 203098 View attachment 203096 View attachment 203097
HAHAH! It better come with a kilo of Colombian bam bam! I love the "$25,633.89" list price. What do you think that cost to make, $200-$300?

Reactions: GTLife

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHAH! It better come with a kilo of Colombian bam bam! I love the "$25,633.89" list price. What do you think that cost to make, $200-$300?
Carbon fiber is like gold! I just spent stupid money for an extra set of CFTP wheels and tires that should arrive next week.

Reactions: GTLife and GT5HNDO

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Carbon fiber is like gold! I just spent stupid money for an extra set of CFTP wheels and tires that should arrive next week.
I kind of understand when it comes to carbon fiber wheels, those have to be engineered and built by someone who truly knows what they are doing or you can pretty easily end up killing someone if it fails. I guess if your wing blows in half and your doing 190 around a track that could be life and death, but it takes no where near the technology and expertise to make a wing as it does to make wheels that have to handle all sorts of crazy forces acting upon them.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,727 Posts
Geez! And I thought I took a bath when buying a second set of stock wheels for my GT350!!! That was also at dealer cost!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Here is a possible alternative:

Way more realistic price for that one but I was thinking, if you have the base model and want to put one of these on, there are going to be a bunch of holes in the trunk lid, some right in the middle of it. To do it "right" you would really have to get a new trunk lid or be willing to have the holes filled and the lid repainted. Not worth it in my mind, if I ever wanted a wing like that I would would pull a Goose and sell my base then buy a real CFTP car. (y)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Way more realistic price for that one but I was thinking, if you have the base model and want to put one of these on, there are going to be a bunch of holes in the trunk lid, some right in the middle of it. To do it "right" you would really have to get a new trunk lid or be willing to have the holes filled and the lid repainted. Not worth it in my mind, if I ever wanted a wing like that I would would pull a Goose and sell my base then buy a real CFTP car. (y)
When I had my base model and didn’t think I’d be getting a CFTP, I was brainstorming getting a new trunk lid and having it painted/striped and adding a wing. It’s possible that stripes might cover some of the holes if you wanted to stick with the original trunk lid.

Reactions: GT5HNDO

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I am new to the World of Mustangs and want to understand something if you all would be so kind? What is the difference here in these wings? I see the wing you all are talking about for 16K, then I see the same "looking" wing from Vicrez for like $800, then I see it on RPI designs for like $1500 then I see one on Ebay for $590 and then I found one on Ebay for $250. Are these others knockoffs? And why the huge price difference? It even seems like they all use the same pictures for these wings. Very confusing. Also do I need to worry about leaking trunk with these or do you use silicone to seal around the inside where it is mounted?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello all, I am new to the World of Mustangs and want to understand something if you all would be so kind? What is the difference here in these wings? I see the wing you all are talking about for 16K, then I see the same "looking" wing from Vicrez for like $800, then I see it on RPI designs for like $1500 then I see one on Ebay for $590 and then I found one on Ebay for $250. Are these others knockoffs? And why the huge price difference? It even seems like they all use the same pictures for these wings. Very confusing. Also do I need to worry about leaking trunk with these or do you use silicone to seal around the inside where it is mounted?
Welcome to the forum!

The expensive wing is the carbon fiber OEM one that comes on the CFTP. The super cheap wings are made of plastic. The in between priced wings are aftermarket carbon fiber variants.

On a different note, if you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also do I need to worry about leaking trunk with these or do you use silicone to seal around the inside where it is mounted?
Short answer: yes! Here is what I did:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts