Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in for another track alignment today. I was going to add more negative camber. A friend races his GT350R and said I should go for more negative camber. The owner’s manual calls for -2.25 for the CFTP. I was going to go for -2.5, but it turns out that the factory adjustable camber plates are giving everything they’ve got at -2.25! So, the tech just dialed in minor tweaks on some of the other settings, but couldn’t get any more negative camber.

I reached out to my 350R friend again. That’s when he mentioned he added camber bolts. The alignment tech did mention those, but said he wasn’t a fan. I’ll just stick with the factory track specs for now. I have yet to burn through a set of tires completely as I’ve been rotating two sets for track duty. When I get to the end of a set, I’ll readdress whether I need more negative camber.

Pics from the day:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Computer Output device Computer monitor Gadget Peripheral
Wheel Tire Vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Technology
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Car Tire

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,257 Posts
I've used camber bolts before, but never on a 3800lb car hitting curbs on track days.

Seeing the photo above though I'd be so tempted to throw a set of spacers behind those front wheels. They're so far sunken in there I'm kind of shocked. I know the camber adds to that, but we're talking -2 degrees, not -12

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used camber bolts before, but never on a 3800lb car hitting curbs on track days.

Seeing the photo above though I'd be so tempted to throw a set of spacers behind those front wheels. They're so far sunken in there I'm kind of shocked. I know the camber adds to that, but we're talking -2 degrees, not -12
I’ve considered wheel spacers for the front, just for street use (not track). The negative camber does accentuate it.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 - Handling Package, Technology Package, Recaros, Forgeline
83 Posts
This is really good info Tim. I went with Ground Control camber plates as I heard they were more adjustable and higher quality than the FP ones. Next time I get my alignment checked I'll have them look into what the max camber is.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is really good info Tim. I went with Ground Control camber plates as I heard they were more adjustable and higher quality than the FP ones. Next time I get my alignment checked I'll have them look into what the max camber is.
You will still be limited by the hole at the top of the strut tower, unless you make it bigger. My strut is close to hitting it as is.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Liquid

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,673 Posts
I've heard both good and bad with camber bolts. As heavy, powerful and expensive as these cars are, I'd leave well enough alone and stick to the max that the FP camber plates can provide.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard both good and bad with camber bolts. As heavy, powerful and expensive as these cars are, I'd leave well enough alone and stick to the max that the FP camber plates can provide.
That was exactly what I was thinking as well Kris. The car felt great on the track today… lots of controlled slides… very predictable.

Reactions: fletchffletch
1 - 7 of 7 Posts