38,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Russell that sent this:

Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,390 Posts
I guess Mecum buyers don’t cross-shop BaT.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
4,103 Posts
Apparently if you have CSM it brings some solid value. This car would have been purchased for around $130,000.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apparently if you have CSM it brings some solid value. This car would have been purchased for around $130,000.

View attachment 228266
What is a “Bold Edition” and is there more to the story for this particular car? $330k seems absolutely insane, even for our current crazy car price times.

·
Registered
2008 GT500 convertible
238 Posts
What is a “Bold Edition” and is there more to the story for this particular car? $330k seems absolutely insane, even for our current crazy car price times.
Shelby Super Snake

2020 Shelby Super Snake Bold Package Revealed With Retro Colors (motor1.com)

Shelby Canada | New 2020 Mustang GT SHELBY SUPERSNAKE BOLD EDITION L1125 for sale in Saint-Hubert (shelby-canada.com)

pricing is all relative i guess, also usually a 10% buyers premium on top.
i do very much enjoy the tv coverage of the mecum auctions and the live action in Monterey, great car show for $20.

a big plus i think is the convertible fact here too, as hot as the current gt500 is, it's not available open.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
4,103 Posts
When the bold edition launched, I wasn’t a big fan. But, who would have thought someone would bid one up to $300k+ a couple years later?????

·
Registered
2009 KR
35 Posts
Call me “crazy”, but I would have been in the bidding on that SS427, but wouldn’t have mortgaged the ranch to go that high, and there must have been more than two people wanting that ‘07 GT rrreeeaaaaalllllyyyyy bad !

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Shelby GT will continue to rise in price In my opinion. These cars have been undervalued for years. These cars, along with the 06 and 07 Hertz cars are the real deal, being pre-title Shelby cars with a CSM #. I love my 2007. Great, streetable power that still leaves it feeling squirelly if you jump on it and killer, classic looks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
4,103 Posts

View attachment 228266
I went back and watched this SS cross the block. I’m horrible at questing age, but I will go with the couple are in their seventies. Did not see that coming based on the “Bold” color.

330K for a Mustang GT with mods,......................oh & a CSM # !!
While I don’t understand the price, I don’t knock the car for starting life as a Mustang GT. If I recall correctly, all of those amazing 66’ Shelby GT350 started life as a Mustang. This SS has 850hp and has one of these. . .

Gear shift Vehicle Car Automotive design Steering part

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Shelby GT will continue to rise in price In my opinion. These cars have been undervalued for years. These cars, along with the 06 and 07 Hertz cars are the real deal, being pre-title Shelby cars with a CSM #. I love my 2007. Great, streetable power that still leaves it feeling squirelly if you jump on it and killer, classic looks.
That’s a good looking Mustang!

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
4,103 Posts
The GT-H and GT have quite a following. I almost bought a GT back in 2007 after seeing the ADM on the GT500 back in the summer of 2006.

·
Registered
2013 GT500 SVTPP 2003 Oxford white cobra coupe, 2003 cobra coupe black, 1988 Foxbody Notch 5.0
137 Posts
I’m actually at the Mecum auction in Kissimmee. I saw that GT500 sell. Also a 1993 cobra with 1,100 miles sold for $110k.

·
Registered
2021 gt500, twister orange
56 Posts
A friend speculated that those high prices are from overseas buyers. Possible I guess.

·
Registered
2021 Rapid Red CFTP, TP, painted black top
37 Posts
I was there all day Friday. Prices seemed generally high for everything. Does make for a great car show even if you don’t buy

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
563 Posts
These auctions are a dick measuring contest, further fueled by alcohol.

All of what's going on - everywhere - reeks of 2006. This time around I'll have cash to buy when the shit hits the fan. Lesson learned.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts