Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Austin @f2redpot for sharing this... I had to look the artist up. Cool pic!

This was on his homepage:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
If memory serves that car killed it's last owner. I think I read somewhere that the car was being restored after the accident.
There definitely was the the Cobra that took it's owner (not Webb, I think he lost it to the IRS) off the cliff into the Pacific Ocean. That car was recovered and restored. I think you are right, it is this one.

EDIT; I went back to review what I had read years ago. Webb owned Carroll Shelby's original Supersnake Cobra. Shelby got it back and sold it for $5M at Barrett Jackson a while ago.

Cosby's car (the only other Supersnake Cobra) was totaled in the cliff accident. It has been resurrected but is not considered by most to be a legitimate car any longer as so much was replaced.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,429 Posts
Tony Maxey was the owner who died when he went off a cliff with the car. The wrecked car was supposedly purchased by one Brian Angliss and restored for future auction.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Is Brian Angliss the guy who owned Autokraft, the outfit that made continuation AC Cobras? Or is he the guy who owned the rights to the name GT40?

·
Registered
346 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts