Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Austin @f2redpot for sharing this... I had to look the artist up. Cool pic!

This was on his homepage:

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
10,107 Posts
If memory serves that car killed it's last owner. I think I read somewhere that the car was being restored after the accident.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
If memory serves that car killed it's last owner. I think I read somewhere that the car was being restored after the accident.
There definitely was the the Cobra that took it's owner (not Webb, I think he lost it to the IRS) off the cliff into the Pacific Ocean. That car was recovered and restored. I think you are right, it is this one.

EDIT; I went back to review what I had read years ago. Webb owned Carroll Shelby's original Supersnake Cobra. Shelby got it back and sold it for $5M at Barrett Jackson a while ago.

Cosby's car (the only other Supersnake Cobra) was totaled in the cliff accident. It has been resurrected but is not considered by most to be a legitimate car any longer as so much was replaced.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
10,107 Posts
Tony Maxey was the owner who died when he went off a cliff with the car. The wrecked car was supposedly purchased by one Brian Angliss and restored for future auction.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Is Brian Angliss the guy who owned Autokraft, the outfit that made continuation AC Cobras? Or is he the guy who owned the rights to the name GT40?

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
The music video for this just hit YouTube.

My car makes its "acting" debut in this music video for a rising Nashville musician, Travis Tidwell.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The music video for this just hit YouTube.

My car makes its "acting" debut in this music video for a rising Nashville musician, Travis Tidwell.

How cool is THAT Austin?! 🤟

That’s neat as hell seeing your car in a music video!

Reactions: real_supersnake

·
Registered
393 Posts
Article in MustangDriver:

·
Registered
2013 GT500 Convertible
29 Posts
Beautiful car Austin. I like the grabber blue on black.

And gig'em.(y)

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
393 Posts
Beautiful car Austin. I like the grabber blue on black.

And gig'em.(y)
Gig 'em right back at you!

Shelby American actually talked me into the "Azure" blue stripes. My original stripe pkg was race red. When I started the SS build, SA asked me if they could try that blue as it had never been done on a black SS before. I was hesitant at first, but then realized it would be kind of special since as of today, it is the first and ONLY GT500 SuperSnake that is black with azure blue stripe. Needless to say I'm pretty happy about that.

·
Registered
2013 GT500 Convertible
29 Posts
Gig 'em right back at you!

Shelby American actually talked me into the "Azure" blue stripes. My original stripe pkg was race red. When I started the SS build, SA asked me if they could try that blue as it had never been done on a black SS before. I was hesitant at first, but then realized it would be kind of special since as of today, it is the first and ONLY GT500 SuperSnake that is black with azure blue stripe. Needless to say I'm pretty happy about that.
Ah I thought it didn't quite look like grabber blue. You'll appreciate my color scheme although I've been seriously considering going with blue instead of the ghost stripes.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts