BBA9F077-B2BC-4A26-8F24-61411DAB2080.jpeg
04D486FF-AF02-4033-A9E4-6AF204A9CE0E.jpeg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am interested in the CFTP GT500.
Welcome to the forum! I have no affiliation with this car, but I posted a zoomed-in shot of the dealer’s name on the sticker. Give them a call.

If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. Do you know of any dealers that will allow you to order a 2021 CFTP at MSRP?
I don’t, but I haven’t been shopping. I have a CFTP already. I believe a higher percentage of CFTPs are getting built for 2021 and I’ve read the golden ticket thing is done, so it should be easier to acquire one. Start calling every dealer within a day’s drive.

·
Registered
Ordered!! 2021 shelby gt500
120 Posts
I don’t, but I haven’t been shopping. I have a CFTP already. I believe a higher percentage of CFTPs are getting built for 2021 and I’ve read the golden ticket thing is done, so it should be easier to acquire one. Start calling every dealer within a day’s drive.
I would call every dealer i needed to til i found one to agree to msrp. Depending what one personally considers “value”, it may be worth looking further than a days drive... haha!! I live in ak, ordered my shelby in az, but would have went to florida if need be to get one at msrp. Local dealers up here all want 10,000-25,000 adm. (most of you have prolly read about my local dealer hosing me on a promise of msrp.) soo, for the 10,000 i saved by getting my car in az i can now fly down there to pick it up, spend two weeks visiting family/friends and screwing around, and have an epic road trip in the new beast getting her back to ak. AAANND still spend less than the 10grand!! Sounds pretty awesome to me versus paying extra adm just to be upside down on a car before i even take delivery of it. Its a win win in my book!!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would call every dealer i needed to til i found one to agree to msrp. Depending what one personally considers “value”, it may be worth looking further than a days drive... haha!! I live in ak, ordered my shelby in az, but would have went to florida if need be to get one at msrp. Local dealers up here all want 10,000-25,000 adm. (most of you have prolly read about my local dealer hosing me on a promise of msrp.) soo, for the 10,000 i saved by getting my car in az i can now fly down there to pick it up, spend two weeks visiting family/friends and screwing around, and have an epic road trip in the new beast getting her back to ak. AAANND still spend less than the 10grand!! Sounds pretty awesome to me versus paying extra adm just to be upside down on a car before i even take delivery of it. Its a win win in my book!!
You can also do a drop ship setup when placing an order for a new car. My selling dealer was in PA. I live in TX. The car went straight to TX when it shipped from the plant. This worked very well and cost me nothing extra.

Reactions: gaindian

·
Registered
Ordered!! 2021 shelby gt500
120 Posts
You can also do a drop ship setup when placing an order for a new car. My selling dealer was in PA. I live in TX. The car went straight to TX when it shipped from the plant. This worked very well and cost me nothing extra.
How would one arrange this? I remember that you also did the pdi or whatever on yours when you received it. Is this something that is required when ya drop ship one? Does the drop ship have to be agreed on before ordering the car?

i know for a long time ford had a policy where you could get any new ford vehicle shipped from one ford dealer to any other ford dealer in the nation for $750. Not sure if they still have this policy but i had told a few friends that had taken advantage of this. Most of the time the dealers would say 1,500-2,500 for shipping between dealers til ya bring up this plan then its “oh, well thats fords policy and we can honor that”.Just more crap from dealers trying to scam ya for every penny!!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How would one arrange this? I remember that you also did the pdi or whatever on yours when you received it. Is this something that is required when ya drop ship one? Does the drop ship have to be agreed on before ordering the car?

i know for a long time ford had a policy where you could get any new ford vehicle shipped from one ford dealer to any other ford dealer in the nation for $750. Not sure if they still have this policy but i had told a few friends that had taken advantage of this. Most of the time the dealers would say 1,500-2,500 for shipping between dealers til ya bring up this plan then its “oh, well thats fords policy and we can honor that”.Just more crap from dealers trying to scam ya for every penny!!
I explain it at 6:18 here:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts