Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with experience with the scoops. How much fitting is required. Did the body shop do the fitting before painting. What kind of cost can i expect for painting of both side and rear window scoops.

thanks

Lloyd

·
Registered
658 Posts
I put on Ford C/S side scoops had them on in about an hour, paint tab was about $70.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yes I have experience and have a set that I am looking to sale. I have them on my car at this time. I am looking at something else to put on. Theres is nothing wrong with them and they are painted Black. To change color all is needed is to wet sand the clear reshoot the color then clear coat them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sn8kbyt
how was the prep and install on scoops. How do you remove them once they affixed. Heat

LLoyd

·
Registered
938 Posts
sn8kbyt
how was the prep and install on scoops. How do you remove them once they affixed. Heat

LLoyd
Well, it was fairly easy alittle sanding and primer filler and sanding then paint. Yes I am going to apply alittle heat to the doubled sided tape.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sn8kbyt
the instructions talk about final fitment before painting. did you have to do much. I put the raw unit up to the car they seem to fit nice out of the box.

Lloyd

·
Registered
938 Posts
No I did not need to do anything but mount them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks
they look great what are you going to do once you remove them??

LLoyd

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'm going to put theses on instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks like a cs scoop. do they require holes. I don't recognize the window scoops

Lloyd

·
Registered
938 Posts
The lower side scoops require drilling and upper are 3D carbon which require tape.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
10,083 Posts
I would suggest not drilling any holes to install the side scoops. Mine are Ford side scoops, the same as on the Calf. special, and I used only the included double sided tape for the install. My body shop tech said the tape will hold them on without any problems and his years of experience proved true. They have been on for plus 6 months and two trips to Fla. He felt that if for some reason I wanted to go back to the stock look, I could do so without an issue of covering holes. Bottom line, don't bother drilling holes!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts