Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about it? Anyone in the area? I have not had too much luck with contacting/getting together with any of the local groups/websites.

·
Registered
171 Posts
yenrod;
I am in the Dallas/Ft Worth area and just got back from my sisters in Austin(for Thanksgiving and drove my GT500 down there and back-now have over 1000 miles on it in less than 2 weeks). I am originally from Fredericksburg, Texas(in the hill country). Where are you in Central Texas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear it. I did the same down to Houston. I just hit 1500 miles! I am in the Austin area (Pflugerville). Do you know anyone in DFW with a GT500? I have been trying to meet up with some of the local forum web sites, not too much luck thus far.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't know of anyone other than myself with a GT500. I haven't even seen one up here yet on the street. The only others I've seen have been in dealers, but I know those were sold.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty much the same deal here. I did see one a few weeks ago when I was heading out of town 290 East, but I haven't seen it since.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey ya'll

I'm in Louisiana but I attend meets in Texas about twice a year. The SVT club in the central Texas area is pretty active. The next track event is March 31 @ TWS in College Station. I will be there by the grace of God to see what these Shelbys are like out on the track! There are usually a pile of Cobras and a few Cobra R's and a couple of Ford GTs. It would be really nice to have a few other Shelbys there so I wouldn't have to deal with all the attention by my self. :).

Dell Hughes is the coordinator for the event. I would really love it to see you both. I talked to Dell a couple of weeks ago and he said the SVTOA website should have info in the next few weeks. If you've never been on a road course you haven't really experienced a Shelby! That's what they were made for! It should be awesome! I can't wait!

The SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) and the SVTOA websites are good sources of what's happening and where in your area. Both clubs have been outstanding folks and great to fellowship with and I'm sure they would be delighted to have a few Shelby GT500's join the fun!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey CC,
I have already joined the SVT club in the Dallas area. I will check out the site again to verify the meet. I would really like to attend. I really want to take mine to Texas Motor Speedway and let her out there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes
That's the one that is holding the track event @ Texas World Speedway in March. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey guys...just got mine tonight!! I am so excited. I am a long time mustang man, this is actually my 4th Cobra (94, 99, 03 and now this). I am in Georgetown (just north of Austin). Hope to run in to some of you!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congrats, TXCobra. I drove mine down to Austin on Thanksgiving Day to see my sisters and mother. The drive was the most enjoyable and least stressful that it has ever been. The car drives like a dream. I am up in Argyle, which is 26 miles north of Ft. Worth.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TxCobra, what color do you have? I am sure to run into you sooner or later as I am in Pflugerville. Unfortunately I usually only get to take it out on the weekends. Did you get it from one of the local dealers? Congratulations! It's hard to get that grin off of your face when simply thinking about the car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I finally saw another Gt500 up here on Saturday. It was blue with white stripes. It was parked at Costco and 3-4 people were around it talking to the owner. I drove up in mine(Alloy no stripes over top) and no one even gave me a second look. I really like the stealth look.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I guess I didn't get enough attention from Mamma when I was a kid because the red with white stripes was what the doctor ordered. I occassionally get a few glances! Went to the auto show in Austin (still very small) this past weekend and they had red/white coupe on the rotating stage. It was surrounded by people. It some how made me feel even more proud to own the same car, I evev caught myself taking pictures!?

·
Registered
171 Posts
yenrod;
Don't get me wrong, yours is great. I originally ordered the White/w blue stripes. When everyone started having trouble with the stripes, I changed my mind hoping my car would come sooner. My wife wasn't crazy about the stripes and the attention and I really liked the Alloy color because of the great shine you can get with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was only kidding. I don't think there is a color that I don't like on the Shelby. I may be a little partial to some, but that's it. Dsabldvt, did you put an aftermarket exhaust on yet? Are you planning on adding a CAI? I want to start modding, but I am still hesitant, awaiting more products/options to come out. For the record the color combo I have contradicts everything about me and my personality? I am usually ultra flying under the radar, but I love it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have added a Tune from Justin at VMP tuning. I think it gave me about 30 to 40 h/p. I have been waiting for his CAI but it seems he is having problems with it. I will definitely get a CAI from somewhere and then get a retune. I want to put on a better upper control arm(from Steeda) to help with the wheel hop. I also want to get a hood strut kit and an oil separator for the supercharger. I'm not sure about the exhaust yet. I like the way it sounds now and it doesn't add that much to performance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
TxCobra, what color do you have? I am sure to run into you sooner or later as I am in Pflugerville. Unfortunately I usually only get to take it out on the weekends. Did you get it from one of the local dealers? Congratulations! It's hard to get that grin off of your face when simply thinking about the car.

I got the vista blue convertible. I have the white GT500 stripes, but I must admit, I have been thinking about adding the coupe stripes to it. Called the dealer today and they told me $1000 for the stripes from Ford and $400 to put them on!?!?! At $1400 I won't be adding stripes, but I am still looking for a cost effective solution. I am selling my babied, stock '03 White convertible with ~10K original miles...if anyone knows of any interest.

Thanks guys, looking forward to catching up with all of you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you get the car from the local Austin area or elsewhere? Congratulations again, and I hope to see you out and about.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts