Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the additional set for the dash. Anyone installed these, and if so how do you like them? I see their described as autometer gauges and wondering just what that means. Since theres no holes to drill for mounting the cluster set, how are the gauges fed data to show readings? Much appreciate any education you can provide before i drop a pretty penny.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey I'm interested in this also. "Center Guage Cluster?" - Never heard of this. Where is it actually mounted and what are the actual guages (A/F, Fuel Pressure, etc...)?

Is there a website?

Thanks

flipmo

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mounted above the two center air vents. Uses 3M adhesive strips. Shelby's catalog has it listed. Its contoured to fit in the dipped portion of the dash. Holds boost, fuel, oil pressure gages, either bought as an assembly or mount only. shelbyperformanceparts.com

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mounted above the two center air vents. Uses 3M adhesive strips. Shelby's catalog has it listed. Its contoured to fit in the dipped portion of the dash. Holds boost, fuel, oil pressure gages, either bought as an assembly or mount only. shelbyperformanceparts.com
Koool. I'm checking it out now.

Thanks

flip

·
Registered
938 Posts
CENTER GAUGE CLUSTER WITH SHELBY GAUGES
Supercharged Cars Only. Includes Boost, Oil, And Fuel Pressure Gauges. 2 5/8 In Electrical Gauges. Carbon Fiber Faced Gauges With Carroll Shelby Signature. Cluster Attaches With Double Sided Tape (included).
Part # CGC-SC $587.99

I will be getting one when available.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
For those that were interested in how the gauges get power, I saw a Shelby GT at my local dealership with the center guage cluster. I took a pic of it with my camera phone, kind of hard to see but basicly the wire is wedged between the dash and the windshield :rolleyes:

·
Registered
861 Posts
For those that were interested in how the gauges get power, I saw a Shelby GT at my local dealership with the center guage cluster. I took a pic of it with my camera phone, kind of hard to see but basicly the wire is wedged between the dash and the windshield :rolleyes:

and comes with a free flag reflection....:D

thx elite

·
Registered
285 Posts

Elite, what am I looking at? I can't tell. Can you edit the photo and place and arrow on what you specifically wanted to highlight?

Thanks

flip

·
Registered
861 Posts
Elite, what am I looking at? I can't tell. Can you edit the photo and place and arrow on what you specifically wanted to highlight?

Thanks

flip
there is a wire from the guy in the blue shirts head up to the flag. you are looking in the front windshield from the outside kinda like you are looking at the VIN# on a car. The guy in the blue shirt is where the glass meets the dash and the flag is were the wire comes out of the back of the guages.

hope this helps describe the pic.

JJ

·
Registered
285 Posts
there is a wire from the guy in the blue shirts head up to the flag. you are looking in the front windshield from the outside kinda like you are looking at the VIN# on a car. The guy in the blue shirt is where the glass meets the dash and the flag is were the wire comes out of the back of the guages.

hope this helps describe the pic.

JJ
O.K. thanks. Daaaaaahhhhhhhh, I can clearly see it now. Anyway, I have 20/80 vision which makes me legally blind without glasses. So don't beat up on me toooooo bad.

Yet being so "Patriotic" I was only looking at the "Mighty Red, White and Blue."

Thanks

flip

·
Registered
240 Posts
There is also this option from Speed of Sound. I like it because is retains the lines of the dash. THe gauges are also facing the driver.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
There is also this option from Speed of Sound. I like it because is retains the lines of the dash. THe gauges are also facing the driver.

Very nice. The best I've seen.:bigthumb:

Cal

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hi John good to see you over here,the pod looks real nice . BTW did you get your car back on the road yet ?

George...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks guys for the questions. I will not hijack this thread but just let me say that I will be communicating everything out soon. I am in stealth mode right now!

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I am going with the pillar gauge, I don't like the idea of bolting or taping something to my dash. Speed of sound has a real nice pillar setup, had pillar guages on my last toy so I am use to seeing gauges there. Allot of ricers have the pillar gauges is the only bad thing but I need a boost gauge and a A/F guage.. well I don't need them but I don't let need stop me from buying stuff :)

Picture 1 how it looks at night, picture 2 during the day, and picture 3... well that is something that would cost more than a Shelby but :banana_hitit:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts